The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track last night with the spartan 275 lastest version. The truck is a CCSB 4wd 5" of lift 35's on 20's, spartan 275 5" dpf/doc back, and an afe.

Ran a 13.64 at 96.84 60 was 1.76 1/8 was 8.5

Truck felt real good the 2-3 shift felt a little lazy not sure why but other than that felt great. Can't wait to try the new tune.

Andy

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Went to the track last night with the spartan 275 lastest version. The truck is a CCSB 4wd 5" of lift 35's on 20's, spartan 275 5" dpf/doc back, and an afe.

Truck felt real good the 2-3 shift felt a little lazy not sure why but other than that felt great. Can't wait to try the new tune.

Andy
Thats a great 60ft nice driving. you cut alot of time from me because your 60ft time nice job. What kinda tires do you run?

·
101 Posts

Andy
Where at? I saw one at the Edmonton track last night. The one run I saw was around 14.4. It was lifted.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was at mokan dragway in southwest missouri southeast kansas. Runnin 35x12.5x20 toyos.

I'm so impressed what these trucks will do. I was really hoping for some low 13's but not dissapointed at all.

Raced a twin turbo 5.9 he ran a 13.59 so can't complain at all.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Yeah thats damn good for sure i run the same tires and had a hell of a time making them hook even at 13psi launches, i need to air down alot when i go next time that should help my 60 get down to where your at :thumbsup

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
dzchey71, why not build a little more boost before launching. When i do 4wd launches on the street i usually build to 15psi or soo.

I'd bet airing those rear tires down a 5-10psi would help too.

·
773 Posts
The last 4wheel launch I did at 20psi left 4 strips of rubber and caused wheel hop, so I've backed down to 10-15psi.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
dzchey71, why not build a little more boost before launching. When i do 4wd launches on the street i usually build to 15psi or soo.

I'd bet airing those rear tires down a 5-10psi would help too.
I tried but the truck hopped like a mother focker over 15 psi, but i didnt air down at all because i had a 120 mile drive home at 10pm so i didnt want to risk a blow out, next time im taking a nitrogen bottle so i can fill them up

Last night when i was racing some camaro's 20psi seamed to be a good boost number, but tire spin is less pronounced on the street then at the track

IF you watch when i launch you can see the tires spin just a little, slow time too.

Picture063.flv video by dzchey21 - Photobucket

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried everything from 10psi to 25psi around 20 seemed ideal but I didn't air down the tires at all 25 gave a tad bit of spin but 25 wheel hopped and 10 didn't 60 as good.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Ya, it spun a little. 15 is pretty good for me, but i just have the 210.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Im going to air down to like 35/30 and see what that does, the side wall on the toyo;s are super stiff so it may take more than that to make a difference but i dont know.

Oh and i should be on 37 13.50's next time, and im actually thinking its going to help me because they are wider and the sidewall is taller so it should give more

·
773 Posts
I've launched at 20 before and had no problems, I think the last time the road conditions where to blame.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
agreed, and the hop that i got at the track was very similar to the crap i got at the sled pulls, most of the hop comming from the front not the back. I think its the basketball theory, too much are and it bounces like crazy, i need to find a happy medium LOL

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 37x13.5 came in on fri just waiting to get some more life out of the toyos b4 I get rid of them.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Dont blame you they are not cheap. What 37's did you go with?

Mine should be on next week, going to try and get to the track to see how they affect the truck...

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
All this talk about 37's makes me want to upgrade from my 35's. But then again, my tires and wheels weigh like 150lbs a peice, and rotating them can be a real pain in the back. Just rotated them today, and being that they weigh more than me, it makes me wonder what the 37's would weigh.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
All this talk about 37's makes me want to upgrade from my 35's. But then again, my tires and wheels weigh like 150lbs a peice, and rotating them can be a real pain in the back. Just rotated them today, and being that they weigh more than me, it makes me wonder what the 37's would weigh.
I weighed just my 37 13.50 r 20 Toyo the other day 89lbs no wheel... i think the 35's are every bit of that.

·
169 Posts
I am going to try the Pirelli's Scorpion ATR in 35x13x24 don't think they be a problem at the track

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
I am going to try the Pirelli's Scorpion ATR in 35x13x24 don't think they be a problem at the track

Im not much of a car tire on a lifted truck but they are nice my buddy has them on his 22's pretty nice tire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts