The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
honda629
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody wet sanded all the paint on there truck looking at mine today all cleaned up in the sun the paint looks like it is kinda orange peeling i think it looks terrbile anything to do short of repainting hoping to get rid of the peeling look??

Thanks Brian

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
I would try a Clay bar, then polish and wax.

·
70 Posts
wet sanding wont get that orange peel off its probably the actual paint thats orange peeled but if u do wet sand just try a small spot and see if the orange peel comes off then u could just try buffing the whole truck and make it shiny new :)

·
2,126 Posts
I would not recommend wetsanding the stock clear because its pretty thin.

·
1,570 Posts
I would try a Clay bar, then polish and wax.
A clay bar will do absolutely nothing for orange peel.

I would not recommend wetsanding the stock clear because its pretty thin.
I agree. Wet sanding will help with the orange peel, but the oem clear is thin and if you get through it then you're SOL. Plus, after about one body panel you'll wish you hadn't committed to that much work, but then if you don't finish you'll have one panel that looks great and the rest with orange peel. Orange peel is very common on oem and aftermarket paints, the only way to avoid it is to lay the clear on thick and wet sand when done.

·
honda629
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I was thinking I didn't want to sand the clear coat off I was just hoping to make it look better because I think the orange peel looks terrible I might just try buffing it an see if that helps at all

Thanks

·
2,126 Posts
Polishing will make the clear look a lot better. It really helps with the clarity and makes the orange peel less noticeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts