The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the definition of wet stacking? I hear it has something to do with the idle. What is a good idle to run at?:shrug:

·
Registered
394 Posts
It happens with long periods sitting at idle. The engine cools down and creates a small gap around the piston rings allowing fuel to pass by into the crankcase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought Wet Stacking was when you did not let the turbo cool down via idleing after a hard run, and the oil coke on the bearings.

·
Registered
394 Posts
rich in co said:
I thought Wet Stacking was when you did not let the turbo cool down via idleing after a hard run, and the oil coke on the bearings.
Nope!

·
Registered
394 Posts
bgff250 said:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the definition of wet stacking? I hear it has something to do with the idle. What is a good idle to run at?:shrug:
The Dfuser AIC eliminates wetstacking if you want to look into getting one. www.dfuser.com

·
497 Posts
Pocket said:
Wetstacking is rare, and takes a LOT of idle time.

I agree, I let mine idle in the winter time and I have never had a bit of a problem with it. I do use the high idle mod though.

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
This seems to be a big problem with the new 6.4's why does it seem to be worse with them?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Cuz the 6.4 is so jealous that it aint half the motor the 7.3 is!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Riding solow on the Hog
286 Posts
Wet stacking makes for soggy piles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts