The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7.3 IDI held up for about two years : I rebuilt it , added a huge intercooler , tunred up the pump, threw on turbo from a DT466 and abused it mercilessly.

Look closely at the pics -

Attachments

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot, I busted the crank also :roflol:

Attachments

·
49 Posts
How much Boost were you running and what was the Exhaust temps?

·
18 Posts
Well brother you gotter done.....

Although, if your goal was to ruin the engine.. Next time save yourself some cash....

1. Remove oil drain plug.
2. Place 50 lbs. of something on the small pedal in the cab.
3. Stand back until it gets quiet again.
4. Post pics on TDG.
5. The results will be similar.

·
dagon dagon!
179 Posts
WOOT carnage pics!!!!:rock

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Resembles 6.2/6.5L NA engines after a few thousand miles........ even w/o the abuse part.

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well brother you gotter done.....

Although, if your goal was to ruin the engine.. Next time save yourself some cash....

1. Remove oil drain plug.
2. Place 50 lbs. of something on the small pedal in the cab.
3. Stand back until it gets quiet again.
4. Post pics on TDG.
5. The results will be similar.

It was done cheap; I machined it (030 over) myself and got a hellove price on a rebuild kit. Didnt plan on blowing it, but all I could do is shrug it off. My 7.3 IDI daily driver is stock now to play it safe

How much Boost were you running and what was the Exhaust temps?
Boost; I think 16-17 psi. The EGT never went past 1200 for the most part; I think it hydro-locked judgiung by how the rod bent

Resembles 6.2/6.5L NA engines after a few HUNDRED miles........ even w/o the abuse part.
:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

(Fixed it for 'ya)

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
:thumbsup

Yup, yup!

·
Truck pullin' S.O.B.
162 Posts
how about some pics of the motor before it blew I would like to see how you did the turbo off the dt466

·
38 Posts
WOW I have a diesel Samurai that I have blown 13 times from over boost and high EGT's. Always the head seldom the block. As a toy it was cool to push it so hard and see the faces of awe. I could get 30 MPG and pass every Jeep on the mountain. Now I have finished the last rebuild with nothing left to machine unless I sleave the motor. I did turn down everything again as close to stock and the first drive was a little disappointing. No real rush with acceleration but I should get 30-35 MPG still and go anywhere I need.

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts