The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and my father are thinking about making bio diesel, but my question is will i still have all the smoke that i have worked so hard for? It seems to me that with the cleaner burn, and the no sulfur and lower particle emissions that the smoke would pretty much disapear. But then my brother in law brought to my attention that diesel smoke is unburnt fuel more than particle emissions, which i did know but i am still unsure, what do guys think?

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
There is less smoke with bio in my truck but it could just be lighter in color than Dino. Don't worry about it, smoke doesn't make you go fast anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Agree, I am trying to get my new one to run hard without too much smoke :)

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
BioD has a higher cetane rating than petro. dino, but lower BTU's, which means it combusts more efficiently (i.e. less smoke) but makes just a little less power w/the same amount of fuel. So to answer like above, yes, you will have less smoke.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I run B20 , and have noticed very little differance in smoke from ULSD.

Tony

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I meant Bio, sorry! I still have smoke in my truck, but black smoke is unburnt fuel, which means you need more air. If you have gray smoke upon acceleration, then you are ok, otherwise black is just a waste of fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts