The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that SB is the most popular clutch, but man they are pricey.. I see there valair clutches for like half the price and say they hold just as much HP..

Im going to have a set 110 DDP injectors installed along with a clutch.. My end goal is around 400 HP daily drivin truck so i dont want a dual disk.. Give my your thoughts about Valair Clutches along with others please..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has any opinions

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Far as I know Valairs are as good as South Bends. People just have this thing for the SB.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cummins_power said:
Far as I know Valairs are as good as South Bends. People just have this thing for the SB.
Thats good to know the SB are so pricey.. Lets get some opinions on here

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
go for the valair, thats whos clutch im getting

·
23 Posts
My valair showed up yesterday and will be installed tonight.:woot: Looks beefy(went with the 13" flywheel). Ill keep ya posted.

·
1,705 Posts
The biggest thing IMO is SBC has been around a long time and their customer service is second to none. Valair hasn't been around long enough for anyone to say much. I can say for a fact that my SBC has 75K on it and almost all of those miles were running over stock HP. I tow 75% of the time and sled pull.

The Valair is tempting because of the price,but I personally like doing business with Peter and most of the dealers I've met have been really nice.

It would be interesting to put one in my Bro's Cummins once it's pushing 600-700HP

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
01duramax6spd said:
The biggest thing IMO is SBC has been around a long time and their customer service is second to none. Valair hasn't been around long enough for anyone to say much.
They have been around a long time, just not in the light duty pick up market. They have been building medium duty and heavy duty truck clutches for many years. As far as their quality, it is high for the product offered in my opinion. They have cheaper options and more expensive options. Call them, tell them what you want and they will get you the clutch you need for your truck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replys but i went with the SB because of things i have read about them and decided to hopefully 'do it right' the first time

·
53 Posts
I will be using a Valair in my truck soon. Thanks, Edge!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts