The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD START A FEW OF THESE BACK TO HELP THE PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT DIESELS AND ARE LEARNING..... SO HERE GOES SOME PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME TO PUT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID IN WITH A TANK OF FUEL TO KEEP EVERY THING CLEAN IN THE FUEL SYSTEM BUT NOW AFTER JOINING THIS SITE I HAVE FOUND THAT SOME PEOPLE PUT 2 CYCLE OIL IN WITH THERE FUEL.... SO HERE IS SOME FUEL FOR THOUGHT EVERYONE COMMENTS PLEASE.... MOPARMAN :peelout HAS A FEW COMMENTS ON HIS WEB SITE THAT EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT ABOUT THIS,,, SORRY I DONT HAVE THE ADDRESS FOR YOU

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
I LOVE Power Service Products Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost!!! and their Diesel 911 DeIces anything pretty good!

Nate

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry mopar man still learning this web site thanks for the help:happymugs

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
only have three bottles of standyne left then I will switch over to two cycle!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
For you guuys that are using a cetane booster (PS) or mixing with 2 cycle oil your shooting yourself in the foot...:bang:

2 cycle oil and PS are opposites of each other...

2 Cycle oil -> HIGH in lubricity -> LOW in solvency -> LOW in Cetane -> HIGH in BTU's

PS -> LOW in lubricity -> HIGH in Solvency -> HIGH in Cetane - LOW ion BTU's

So you neutralizing it out...:bang:

Dumb question for you guys...

Q: If you know in the winter time the fuel companies raise the cetane level of the fuel and you *KNOW* poor fuel mileage comes from high cetane winterized fuel. Why do you add more cetane to reduce your MPG's even more?

Light green winterized fuel - dark green summer fuel
(Point of reference - Gasoline has 125,000 BTU's) :damnit

Even summer the fuel cetane is reduced back to 40 Cetane (or close) and the MPG and power return... So why degrade you fuel with cetane boosters???

Low Cetane fuels contain more BTUs than High cetane

High cetane fuel ignite easy for cold starting. (Very low auto-igntion temps similar to gasoline)

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what do we need to be using in the winter and sommer months and why??? try to simplyfy it please... :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
As little as possible... If you NEED a anti-gel use it but measure you amount properly... Don't just pour 1/2 jug in... :bang:

If your using PS it 400:1 ratio or 1/3 of oz per gallon of fuel...

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am here to bare witness to adding 2 cycle oil in with your tank of fuel just run throu my first tank with it added in and it almost helped out my fuel milage by almost 2 miles per gallon.... the truck seems to run a lil better too

·
87 Posts
I am here to bare witness to adding 2 cycle oil in with your tank of fuel just run throu my first tank with it added in and it almost helped out my fuel milage by almost 2 miles per gallon.... the truck seems to run a lil better too
What brand did you use?

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The walmart brand???? that was the only kind i could find when i was filling up my truck....

·
237 Posts
As for anti-gel's I don't even use the Power Service anymore. Straight 2 cycle. Worked to -30 F ambient temp the other day.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
As for anti-gel's I don't even use the Power Service anymore. Straight 2 cycle. Worked to -30 F ambient temp the other day.
Wow! You got me beat... I made it to -20*F and your down to -30*F... May I ask how much 2 cycle oil you added to your fuel so I can document this.:eek:

I would love for all the information you can give on this...:D

·
452 Posts
so can someone tell me exactly which 2 cycle to use and whoch ones not to use?

·
214 Posts
High Teck Walmart sells it. You can use just about any of them just make sure that it is low on ash.

·
452 Posts
This one? picked it up at Wal-Mart. Also...how are yall keeping it in the truck? Just keep the whole gallon and something to measure with? I thought about using old gear lube bottles or something easier to store and pre-meausured.

·
452 Posts
anyone? is that the right stuff?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts