The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Edge Comp right now, with the pump wire tapped. Other than Smarty, what other, if any stacking options do I have? I'm planning injectors and 13" clutch upgrade soon, and likely will be doing both of these before I stack, but I was just curious..

·
4,158 Posts
Nothing really. Even with the smarty you aren't going to see much of a gain, but you will feel a gain. If you want more power just get a set of injectors.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i don't see why people get so stuck on the smarty's. Its over $600 for maybe10-20hp improvement when stacked, imo it just compresses the apps signal and makes the ecm think that 10% throttle is 50% or something like that..... Lets think about how far $600 will get you in injectors........ Besides when i had a smarty on my truck i didn't like how responsive it was. I can only imagine how old it would get driving on wet pavement..... accident waiting to happen

·
Registered
83 Posts
:whs stacking is really just for the smoke i think it is a misplace in money in the truck

·
4,158 Posts
StrokeThisGoat said:
i don't see why people get so stuck on the smarty's. Its over $600 for maybe10-20hp improvement when stacked, imo it just compresses the apps signal and makes the ecm think that 10% throttle is 50% or something like that..... Lets think about how far $600 will get you in injectors........ Besides when i had a smarty on my truck i didn't like how responsive it was. I can only imagine how old it would get driving on wet pavement..... accident waiting to happen
I agree, i have actually seen a few hp loss by stacking the Smarty and Comp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Buy a redline they are awesome!! RPM's not so much street friendly but racing and sled pullin #1

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Buddy has a BlueChip Power Puck stack...It is AWSOME! best stack I have had got to play w/!

Nathaniel

·
Registered
100 Posts
isnt that redline box about 1500 bucks or so. you can stack tst comp and smarty and do the same thing for less money. my experiences in stacking worked best with tst on 6 edge ez and smarty on 6. made the most power and didnt have any problems clearing it out. just a little laggier than with only 2 on it

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can find redlines for a grand or so. I had a TST and a Smarty(never stacked though) but now with a redline, I love it. You can turn it off and on with one button. 100% fueling!!! 4000 RPM great for sled pullin AAA++++

If you cant find one, I am going to sell my 24 valve so I will my redline box. 1000obo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts