The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got finished putting in gauges, and a DP Tuner F5 chip. My settings are no start,stock,40tow,60tow,80tow,80economy,120,140,140smoke. My clutch slips BAD in the 140 and 120 settings. It also slips in all the other settings. It's never slipped before. This is my DD and i sit in stop and go traffic. I haul a 20ft bass boat, a 24ft pontoon boat, and sometimes a Jeep Comanche on a 20ft trailer.

What clutch would i need?

·
812 Posts
i say go with a south bend. never heard a bad thing about them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been thinkin southbend. But didn't know which one of theirs to get.

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
talk with Peter there and he will set you up. Go with a minimum on the CON O or the CON OFE. I have had my CON O for over 5 years and all is good.

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Since you have the DP chip AND you tow you should get the CON OFE. The Con O would be okay but you MIGHT be able slip it in the 140 extreme. And the Con FE is not recommended by Peter at South Bend for towing at all! The FE is purely a "on and off" type of clutch.
He told me the OFE is great for higher HP and towing!
~Jim

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
i would say to go with an organic feramic clutch. great for towin and will take abuse.

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
I think you should just trade me trucks... :shrug: LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna go with the CON OFE and have Swamps Diesel Performance or Beans Diesel Performance install it for me. Since i don't live far from them.

Thanks for the help.

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Good choice!!:Thumbup:

It must be nice to have shops like that close to you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't even know they were around me until recently. Diesel Performance Part (DPPI) is like 2 miles from where i work.:woot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts