The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What delivery valves would you guys suggest for my truck?
I was thinking 022's or Laser Cuts. I have 5x.014 injectors, #100 plate full forward, ground afc foot, AirDog 150, Draw straw etc. In other words, with mi rinky-dink hybrid turbo, I should be blowing a thick black cloud all the time, but I can clear it up to just a light haze at WOT and about 37PSI. I am going to be putting together twins soon, and I want to make sure I have the fuel to support them. Towing isn't really an issue, because I rarely do, and I know how to modulate my right foot. I already have all the supporting mods, so that shouldn't be an issue.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
there should still be a good amount of smoke from them 5x.014s with just a 60mm upgrade.

024 or SDX DVs. 022 are gonna be pretty hot and full cuts are just plain dirty.

Garrett

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
I love my 024's. We have a lot of the same setup until I finish this overhaul. And yes with a 60mm turbo its smokey all the way through the RPM's.

·
3,514 Posts
Is your 100 really a 100 and how aggressive is it? I recently removed the plate on a truck that supposedly had a #100 full forward, and it definitely wasn't a #100, and the truck went from 400.9 to 515.6 with no other tuning done to it. Huge difference in the way it acted as well. That plate may be killing your top end.
Sean

·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, that's a good question. It's a home ground 100, and it is flat except for a little bit of a toe to try and keep some low speed drivability.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
When you think about it though, the AFC arm is holding the governor arm back at the bottom of the bottom end where the "toe" on the #100 plate is. That's my reasoning for taking the plate out, just let the AFC run your fueling.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
When you think about it though, the AFC arm is holding the governor arm back at the bottom of the bottom end where the "toe" on the #100 plate is. That's my reasoning for taking the plate out, just let the AFC run your fueling.
:whs thats my favorite way of doing it unless overall fueling needs to be limited due to a benched pump.

Garrett

·
4,827 Posts
Where is the AFC housing sitting? If it is too far to the rear, it will severely limit your power (and smoke). And, what about the star wheel in the AFC? How tight/loose is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts