The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll start with a history of the truck. It's a 09 F-350, it have a superduty rebuild kit from suncoast, ouo traction blocks, and spartan with the 275 tune. I stepped on it when going about 30mph, went through the gears and then when shifting into 5th heard/felt a bang, engine still ok, no codes, no gears, forward or reverse. I pulled over and put it in park, still have park, tried all the gears again, nothing... I'm thinking that it could be the input shaft, as I don't have the billet. Does anyone have any other theories? I'm waiting until Monday when the trans shop opens.

·
1,415 Posts
sounds like input shaft. I have heard of the stock once standing up better then the billet.

·
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have the stock input shaft

·
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
234 Posts
I have broken both the low gear drum and overdrive planetary gear... I am sick of this "built" tranny cause the only parts that are actually suncoast are the input shaft converter and new clutches....

·
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wouldn't be as bad t it was a solonoid, I think I could handle that, it's hard parts that scare me!! lol

·
234 Posts
Don't forget about the solenoids! :haha
Removed the solinoid and put the stock one back in last time the tranny was out... still running the spartan TCM... sloppy shift from 3rd to 4th... with 210 tp and 250 tune... going bact to stock TCM with the suncoast and hope all is well...

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Removed the solinoid and put the stock one back in last time the tranny was out... still running the spartan TCM... sloppy shift from 3rd to 4th... with 210 tp and 250 tune... going bact to stock TCM with the suncoast and hope all is well...
There is no 3-4 shift. Its 3-5

·
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3-5 is where mine went boom.

·
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I talked to the shop today and it was the input shaft. More details to follow.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Mine is on a lift right now with the tranny pulled. Clutches started to get a little sticky (Jeff it WAS clutches and not solenoid) If it can be beefed up, it's going in there except stock solenoids. That billet shaft looks pretty legit too!! And how much heavier is a suncoast converter vs a stocker?... Sorry to highjack

·
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd get the suncoast converter, triple disk hold tq.... you'll regret it if you don't.

·
49 Posts
Interesting since the Suncoast input is billet. Haven't heard about too many input shafts breaking
Mines in the shop right now. My input shaft stripped out and took the converter with it. I've been running the 210 & 250 tunes but the trucks been babied the whole time, trying to save on fuel and it only has 35k on it. My dealer say that this is the 2nd 08 he's seen this month with this problem. Maybe there's a bad batch of stock input shafts out there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts