The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:happydance:happydance:woohoo

Hmmmm.......Dodgefarmer got something today.

What did he get?????

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
A sunflower seed peeler? An almond stretcher? an anti vibration and stabilization device for trees?

Naw. Probably just a Dodge, or another 4 wheeler.

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Dodge maybe??
Close, need to be more specific.

[QUOTE=Backslap;1196201]A sunflower seed peeler? An almond stretcher? an anti vibration and stabilization device for trees?
:haha:haha ...... wait a minute, Do I see a new machine being built in the shop :confused:, I don't think so:poke

Naw. Probably just a Dodge, or another 4 wheeler.[/QUOTE]

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts

[QUOTE=Backslap;1196201]A sunflower seed peeler? An almond stretcher? an anti vibration and stabilization device for trees?
:haha:haha ...... wait a minute, Do I see a new machine being built in the shop :confused:, I don't think so:poke

Naw. Probably just a Dodge, or another 4 wheeler.

Close, need to be more specific.[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't have a clue, (as with life in general) but I certainly hope it's not pink on the outside.

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pictures coming soon.......

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 2013 Ram 2500 Larmine Longhorn.:woohoo:woohoo 4 x 4, crewcab, short bed, 6.7 diesel, 800 lbs torque, 6speed auto. Basiclly loaded with almost every option. The 07 has been traded in with over 160,000 miles. Hope the 13 is as trouble free as the 07 was.

One thing I noticed is the oil is still clean looking. In the 07 the oil turned black almost immediately after oil change from soot that was common in the 07 12without the def system. Still on first tank of fuel so to early for mpg reports. On the way home from dealer, cruise set on 76 mph, the instant read mpg was showing 15 to 20 mpg on slightly rolling hills, with 1000+ lbs of gear from the 07 truck in the bed.

Attachments

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
It's a 2013 Ram 2500 Larmine Longhorn.:woohoo:woohoo 4 x 4, crewcab, short bed, 6.7 diesel, 800 lbs torque, 6speed auto. Basiclly loaded with almost every option. The 07 has been traded in with over 160,000 miles. Hope the 13 is as trouble free as the 07 was.

One thing I noticed is the oil is still clean looking. In the 07 the oil turned black almost immediately after oil change from soot that was common in the 07 12without the def system. Still on first tank of fuel so to early for mpg reports. On the way home from dealer, cruise set on 76 mph, the instant read mpg was showing 15 to 20 mpg on slightly rolling hills, with 1000+ lbs of gear from the 07 truck in the bed.
I'm really thinking of a reason not to ban you after seeing a Longhorn Emblems.. But its a sweet rig and I want to see you things go with it so your safe. Im a little sad you let the 07.5 go, why not keep it as a beater with a heater, ok a farm truck.? Oh an your 10700 miles down.... and I think I have time to go run a few more miles before bed.. SO much dailying the Rubicon!

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really thinking of a reason not to ban you after seeing a Longhorn Emblems.. But its a sweet rig and I want to see you things go with it so your safe. Im a little sad you let the 07.5 go, why not keep it as a beater with a heater, ok a farm truck.? Oh an your 10700 miles down.... and I think I have time to go run a few more miles before bed.. SO much dailying the Rubicon!
To keep it as a "beater(which it isn't) with a heater" for the farm employees I did think it was a good idea as it wouldn't be driven hard enough with what they do, to keep the dpf from plugging, that was my advantage...a heavy foot with:D. For what there needs are, gas rigs make more sense. And believe me their rigs are definitely beater rigs :thumbdownafter they get ther hands on them .

Oh by the way I think I'll pass up your miles within a year:happymugs. Planning to test the new rig with the 5th wheel next month for 10-14 days.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
To keep it as a "beater(which it isn't) with a heater" for the farm employees I did think it was a good idea as it wouldn't be driven hard enough with what they do, to keep the dpf from plugging, that was my advantage...a heavy foot with:D. For what there needs are, gas rigs make more sense. And believe me their rigs are definitely beater rigs :thumbdownafter they get ther hands on them .

Oh by the way I think I'll pass up your miles within a year:happymugs. Planning to test the new rig with the 5th wheel next month for 10-14 days.
Ill be at 11K by the weekend... one way or another!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Hey download the UConnect app... I think you can start your truck from and IPhone and Android. Oh and Do I need to Change your Name to RamFarmer?

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered 1st mod.

Got the hitch rails installed the other day. I use the rails setup because I use the auto slider Pull-Rite 2700 5th wheel hitch and it uses the rail setup.
Then I can drop in the Curt Gooseneck hitch plate when needed. One advantage of the rails is it comes in handy for additional tie down anchor points when tying down loads.
Anyways I hooked up the 5th wheel for a test fit/run and the 2013 squats less noticeable then the 07.5 did (6200 lbs. rear axle vs. 6000 lbs.). But I still like to level the truck out with the load, ~2200 lbs pin weight, so I ordered a set of Firestone airbags today.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Got the hitch rails installed the other day. I use the rails setup because I use the auto slider Pull-Rite 2700 5th wheel hitch and it uses the rail setup.
Then I can drop in the Curt Gooseneck hitch plate when needed. One advantage of the rails is it comes in handy for additional tie down anchor points when tying down loads.
Anyways I hooked up the 5th wheel for a test fit/run and the 2013 squats less noticeable then the 07.5 did (6200 lbs. rear axle vs. 6000 lbs.). But I still like to level the truck out with the load, ~2200 lbs pin weight, so I ordered a set of Firestone airbags today.
Glad all is good Mike. I spent the night working on a "project" thats goin down tomorrow after work!

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How's the sunflower seed peeling machine coming along?
Prototype is out, just working the bugs out:gaah:gaah. Now just looking for some investors with deep pockets:haha:haha:haha
Are you in Backslap:handshake? The pay back will be all the peeled sunflower seeds you want :poke

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
Prototype is out, just working the bugs out:gaah:gaah. Now just looking for some investors with deep pockets:haha:haha:haha
Are you in Backslap:handshake? The pay back will be all the peeled sunflower seeds you want :poke
I got no money as I'm still working on George Carlin's invention with improvements: A cheese straightener Deluxe model III, (he left off with II) which takes all my spare time and money.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts