The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just bought a 2006 Silverado Crew Cab 6inch lift. Going to pick it up next week... It has Air intake, Exhaust , superchips tuner... What do I need besides Trans, Converter to get 650 reliable wheel hp as this is going to be a daily driver and driven in below 0 temps in the winter... I obviously want the power for some summertime fun....Any input would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Upgraded internals...Rod, pistons, crankshaft, heads, studs, turbo...the list goes on. The problem is the "Reliable 650 RWHP" Why not settle for 500HP and save some $$$ and a lot of grief?? This is just my opinion and I don't want to discourage anyone from building their truck.

F

·
0 Posts
erd04056 said:
Upgraded internals...Rod, pistons, crankshaft, heads, studs, turbo...the list goes on. The problem is the "Reliable 650 RWHP" Why not settle for 500HP and save some $$$ and a lot of grief?? This is just my opinion and I don't want to discourage anyone from building their truck.
That's what I am doing. Should be just over 500RWHP. I am at Merchants now getting tranny, FASS, guages, sleeves, cognitos, and traction bars. To make it up over that you are going to need to open the motor, that's not a problem if you want to spend the $$$

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
Anything over the 500-550 RWHP mark you will need internals. Eric Merchant (Merchant Automotive) in Holland Michigan is the best in the business for high performance Dmax/Alli upgrades! :Thumbup: Regardless where you are in North America the trip is worth it......... after all he did build Nasty's Dmax/Alli! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Eric fields all calls personally, give him a shout!
http://www.gmdieseltech.com/store2/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input... I think 550 rwhp will do. I dont want to tear down the motor....When I want to go real fast I just get on my GSXR 1000 anyways. Its just funny to see peoples mouths drop when a big truck pulls away from them... I will be giving Eric a call.. Thanks Again...:Thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.