·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P1693
DTC Detected In ECM Or PCM

P1698
No CCD Messages Received From PCM

Does anyone know what these codes mean?? I have these two showing up when I turn the key on 3 times.. I have tried unhooking the batteries to reset it but that does not help.. I do have a RAD module that shuts down the tach and other gauges... but the 1698 I am not sure of??

·
3,514 Posts
To me it sounds like the RAD is throwing the codes. I believe those are the two mine throw when I run the RAD. One of the things RAD's usually do is interupt the VSS and Torque managment, interupting the signal between the PCM and ECM, hense the No CCD Messages Recieved from PCM. And it always throws the p1693, because you are interupting the signal. You must have them cleared, you can't do it yourself. But everytime you use the RAD that p1693 will come back and stay until it gets cleared again.
Sean

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a truck that is throwing the same codes but it shuts down and if you wait a little bit it will start again but then dies shortly after??? would a pusher pump on the same circut as the lift pump cause this? (scheid put it in that circuit) i am lost it was reflashed shortly after new in 01

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
The 1693 should be the Cam Sensor...I just replaced that 2 weeks ago (kinda tough by the way!!). The sensor can be bought for cheap money, the diesel shoup in Terra Haute, IN....I wanna say Area Diesel??? had it for $52.12 shipping included!! Not sure on the 1698...it may be b/c the sensor is soo shot it wont send any codes???

·
Registered
83 Posts
would that cause the fuel system to shut down? while the key is on if it cranks but no start then leave the key on and all of the sudden the fuel pumpkicks on and then the triuck will start??

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
It may???? The cam sensor is right between the lift pump and the injection pump on the 24s....so with that short, the pumps may also be shorting???

·
Registered
83 Posts
well ill try and check the wires and change the cam sensor and see what happens thanks if you think of anything else let me know

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
I don't now where brazil, IN is but if you dont have a local shop w/ the sensor try Area out....good prices!!! 3 location (2 IN, 1 IL)!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts