The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
4,024 Posts
Looks sharp. I'd run a carfax and an oasis report. I think with the lift I'd want to get a good eyeball on it just to make sure it wasn't hacked together.

I always have a problem with buying a truck someone else mollested.

Just my .02

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true i could do that!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds almost too good to be true, love the look, I'd say go for it!

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna get the vin from him so i can get an oasis on it :)

·
833 Posts
I'd begin to question why the truck was completely repainted. When I see a truck advertized as recently painted that's less than 10yrs old I begin to question why was it repainted. And seeing that he changed a burgandy truck from his avitar to the white truck in the picture I'd want to do a very close inspection of how well the color change was done.

And my personal opinion of carfax from what it shows vs what I know has happened to my vehicles is that it's not as reliable as they would like you to believe. I had a '90 ranger. Purchased knowing it had had rearended another vehicle. Carfax shows that it was hit in the rear end. Truck was later flipped on it's side- Not on carfax at all. Truck was clipped in right rear corner. Carfax shows left front accident. Oh and it shows odometer fraud alert since it only has an 8 digit odometer that turned over.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
yea thats kinda fishy why a truck that new has been painted

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 18,500$ also includes wheels and tires and a Superchip programmer, he told me that with the programmer it makes 335hp and over 500 foot pounds LOL he said he would get the VIN here later when he goes out to his parents

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 18,500$ also includes wheels and tires and a Superchip programmer, he told me that with the programmer it makes 335hp and over 500 foot pounds LOL he said he would get the VIN here later when he goes out to his parents

·
STROKIN' IT
287 Posts
good looking truck... average price... only think i dont like is the harley bumpers make it look like its a W/T package... but thats just my opinion

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i would put a chrome front bumper on that thing or maybe an 2005 front end and bumper

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks good you should find out more on it before making a offer:HappyMugs

·
4,024 Posts
We can do the carfax for you when you grt the vin. It can only help in making an informed decision.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
find out if it has X over.... might let you know how much its hacked if it has stock steering

·
2,612 Posts
looks nice, but why would it be painted?

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heres what he said when asked about the tires " they are 40" superswamper IROK radial there not cheap about $270 a tire", and the truck is out at my parents house in thier yard out by the road, i will run out later today and get it if you want to give a call my cell # is 1-906-235-3686 call any time. theres been people lookin every day and people call all the time about it but no one seems to have money if you need more pics i can take some more", "I looking to get around $18,500 or so with tires and wheels and lift the rims and tires cost over $2400 and lift ran over $1800 so at $18,500 it's a hell of a dealmotor is stock except for it has a super chips inc. program installed wich gives it a total of 335hp and almost 500fl lbs! it has xm radio, cd its sweet truck it was bought from AZ so its solid, and it's getting around 18mpg on the hwy like I said its a hell of a deal I just want to build another one so i gotta sell it" that is what he emailed me, sorry its so long, so yay or nay??

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
4,024 Posts
Man, that sure is sharp......
If ya want the carfax PM my wife she'll be glad to run it for ya!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
BJS said:
And seeing that he changed a burgandy truck from his avitar to the white truck in the picture I'd want to do a very close inspection of how well the color change was done.
The truck in his avatar is an extended cab 03 model.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
i still want to know why it was painted

1 - 20 of 24 Posts