The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,337 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=39415

i'm lookin at this truck and was just curious as to all the mods it would take to get it in the 350-375 range, thanks fellas, also, I'm more of a cummins guy and was curious as to how many miles I could feasibly get out of this truck

Turbo, Intake, Exhaust... That will get you right at 280 or so with a OBS...

Then Injectors to fit your side, a set of stage 2's will put you right at where you want to be.

Then a Clutch to hold it all...

Plan on dumping about 3k to get to the 375 range...

·
928 Posts
That's a nice looking truck for the age / miles! :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah, i've driven an obs before and it's a little below my daily driving power range, so I;m just looking to get it within my comfort level, i might stop before the injectors, i guess a water injection system wouldn't extend the turbo's usable range would it?

and what by way of computer upgrades would be best here?

·
568 Posts
get some custom tunes :Wildman , TS , Swamps something like that for the computer . Stage II sticks , Intake , exhaust . You will probably need to change the turbo or maybe just the housing . You may very well need some more oil that just depends . You are going to spend $2500.00-$4000.00 getting modded . Call beans or swamps and get some more accurate info and pricing . I would personally get all that stuff from one vendor to make things easier .

·
568 Posts
That price might be a little high , but , obs trucks in good shape are getting harder to find everyday . I have two similar to that one and I love the trucks . I drive an 06 2500 4wd cc with the 5.9 ho cummins and its not as hd as these trucks are. I am restoring my 96 and planning on getting rid of the dodge pretty soon . You will really like the 5 spd way better tranny than dodge and chevies manual .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts