The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meand my buddy wee talking the other day about the Duramax and the cummins and I was wondering what motor do you all think is more reliable? has more power an gets better milage?

his LLY is getting 20-22 o the highway and 18-19 city

He said I need to leave my dinosuar of a truck and get a new one.. hes tying his damn'edest to get me over to the dark side.. I dont knw if I should or not.. I mean its a cummins! you cant give that up..

What motor do you like better and why? ( no bashing) have at it

LLY
LB7

12v
24v
CR

·
3,754 Posts
The 12 valve is cheap easy hp, the lbz is the best d max motor.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thejdman04 said:
The 12 valve is cheap easy hp, the lbz is the best d max motor.

I would ather put up with a cooling issue then cracked piston's.. I dont know I herd the LLY's and LB7's were the way to go.. the 12v's are dinosaurs! LOL

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
this is actually a great poll.. there's not one powerstroke which makes it even better

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jpscustoms said:
wheres the psd???? sorry i had too il leave now

:roflmao: I dont want to buy a PSD.. I work on them all day.. LOL.. this was a pissing conest between a buddy and me he has a duramax that thinks he can out do the world with and I have just a bitty 6 cly.. that hes got me convienced that Duramax is the way to go and Im starting to see the light.. LOL.. There both great motors IMO..

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jpscustoms said:
:Axe_anim: ouch!!!

Is that your girl friend? :sly: I wonder if I could get mine to hang all over my stack..

·
1,649 Posts
ya thats my girlfriend......she something else....there better pics than that:sly:

and ya if i had a choice between the two brands id take the cummins 12v

G

·
I pick the 12v if I could only have one motor and had to keep it for the long haul. Sooner or later something electrical is going to wear out or break on the other motors. I can work on a 12v and fix about anything on it, even bypass some of the electrical items if need be. The 12v is not the cleanest, strongest, or best motor out there as far as big hp and user friendliness. However my 500rwhp on a day to day basis is a plenthy for me. The simple nature and the durability of the 12v just keeps me coming back.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand where your comming from Bill, I dont know what it is.. I really dont like the 24v.. The CR's are alright.. but 12v's are the funniest to mess with.. I really wouldnt mind having a d max just for the fact that there better then ford.. they make killer power, good milage, and they ride soo good..! I guess you can say Im getting bored of my truck.. And I dont know why.. there is NOTHING wrong with it.. LOL.. OHhh left front U-joint..

ITs like eating a PB&J sandwitch EVERYday for a year.. it gets old..

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Pop always liked the 12V and was always having some kind of fun with it. He is also probably rolling over in his grave since I bought a PSD:sly:
~Mike~:usflag

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
seapig said:
Pop always liked the 12V and was always having some kind of fun with it. He is also probably rolling over in his grave since I bought a PSD:sly:

yes i can see it now.. my crystal ball is telling me cummins conversation in the near future.. yes thats what it says... LOL :woot:

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Jeff I just got the durn thing about 90 days ago. Let me blow it up first:sly:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
12v is my favorite out of all of them but the LB7 is a real close second, my next truck will definatly be a duramax, ext cab short bed 6spd

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i picked the 12v. simple, reliable, and makes the power. if i had to choose a dirtymax it would be an LBZ. lowered CC SB 4WD would definately be fun with a good EFI Live tune. i wish i could afford a 12v conversion tho.

Garrett

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
:roflmao: I dont want to buy a PSD.. I work on them all day.. LOL.. this was a pissing conest between a buddy and me he has a duramax that thinks he can out do the world with and I have just a bitty 6 cly.. that hes got me convienced that Duramax is the way to go and Im starting to see the light.. LOL.. There both great motors IMO..
does he know number of cylinders dont matter. LOL
he would be really depressed it he lined up with my 4 banger:nitrous:

I like the trusty 12v best. cheap power and easy to work on.

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Even though i drive a 24v, i had to go for the 12v. Even though the power isnt adjustable on the fly, id trade my truck for a 5 speed 12v at the drop of a hat. Ive never been a big fan of duramaxes. Almost every one i see out here is driven by a socal douche with a 6 in lift, big tires, and stock everything else. Maybe the duramax is a good engine, lets face it, but its only downside is the fact that its in a chevy.:poke:

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
cursedtofirst45 said:
Maybe the duramax is a good engine, lets face it, but its only downside is the fact that its in a chevy.:poke:
hahahahahaLOL :hehe LOL :hehe

Garrett

1 - 20 of 21 Posts