The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I raced my buddy's truck the other day and got :eek:wned. his truck was an '02 single cab 4x4 7.3 with a 6 speed, 34 inch all terrains, and and edge programmer. also 100K miles and stock intake and exhaust.

I kind of assumed that my DP, 6637 intake, and straight pipe would run circles around my buddy's truck so now i'm a little dissapointed:bang.......what do you guys think.

·
862 Posts
Is your truck an early 99? If so, that will make a difference since you have smaller injectors and a smaller HPOP.

If not, then something is wrong with your truck... or he just knows how to drive a manual better than you :D

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no my truck is a late 99. i do have 200k miles on mine though.

Ever since i got my DP i always thought it could be tuned better, do you think that could be a possibility?

As far him driving a manual better :haha

(and i guess he didn't smoke me persay but he did beat me none the less)

·
812 Posts
he has a little wieght advantage over you

·
211 Posts
If he has 4:10's or 4:33's he will smoke you every time.

Woody

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the input guys. i thought about the wieght advantage but i didn't think much of it. also i'm about 99.7 % sure that he also has 3.73's

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
:haha:haha dont fel to bad. i got beat by a crew cab f350 that was bone stock. also almost got beat by an f350 welding rig but he had a superchips tuner and hes 2wd. now tell me somthing aint wrong:haha

·
6,337 Posts
so I raced my buddy's truck the other day and got :eek:wned. his truck was an '02 single cab 4x4 7.3 with a 6 speed, 34 inch all terrains, and and edge programmer. also 100K miles and stock intake and exhaust.

I kind of assumed that my DP, 6637 intake, and straight pipe would run circles around my buddy's truck so now i'm a little dissapointed:bang.......what do you guys think.
Your both within 10hp or less of each other... I doubt he "walked" you... Was this on the street or at the track? Not that I care, but there is a big differance between a heads up street race and a drag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts