The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to get a set of guages, what ones do you all recommend? I had a 12v and I had boost, pyro, and trans temp guages in it but I noticed that alot of you also have a fuel pressure guage also. Is this recommended in the 24v?

·
400 Posts
YES, fuel pressure is the number one killer's of the VP44. depending on what you going to do as far as upgrades, some chip's come with monitors i.e. edge juice w/attitude. If your just looking on keeping an eye on things i would go with boost, fuel pressure, and egt. Possibly and trans temp for and auto trans.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 6 spd and I pull my toyhauler (approx. 15k lbs) a few times in the summer, is it not necessary for a trans temp guage?

·
1,189 Posts
if your planning on adding a programmer or anything you might as well just get a chip with a monitor all in one then you can monitor everything in one and only have one wire running into your cab. If your not planning on adding a programmer or anyting then get boost pyro and fuel pressure

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on getting programmer but I like mechanical guages better, and they look better IMO.

·
1,189 Posts
well it really depends on what you want to spend and what you really want to monitor. When I looked into doing it for mine the autometer setup was 299 plus shipping etc, then the chip was 600 and I didn't have a fuel pressure guage etc. I got my edge juice with attitude and pillar mount shipped to me for 795. but it depends on the size of the program your thinking of etc. I like the alarms that are built into the attitude monitor and the backdown feature in the event your not watching the guages.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
ronald2009 said:
I have a 6 spd and I pull my toyhauler (approx. 15k lbs) a few times in the summer, is it not necessary for a trans temp guage?

No replace the trans gauge w/ a fuel pressure. Than egt and boost and you have the important ones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts