The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all messed up trying to navigate this new site, this could take awhile to get used to. :nunu:

Harry

Reactions: Mcrafty1 and bismic

·
Community Manager/Admin
44 Posts

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
I'm with Harry on this one, the new site layout is cluttered and confusing. But then, it's more in line with other trendy sites I suppose. I switched over the the app to post this because I didn't care to figure it out in Safari on my phone. Not that the app is great, but at least you can still find stuff for now, until they make it clumsy and confusing like the latest version of Tapatalk.

And anybody else notice that the header photo is just a current Ford and a current Chevy, no ram, no medium or heavy representation. That's what happens when you have someone that isn't into a topic or in this case someone who doesn't understand the historical makeup of this forum making decisions on things like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Community Manager/Admin
44 Posts
I'm with Harry on this one, the new site layout is cluttered and confusing. But then, it's more in line with other trendy sites I suppose. I switched over the the app to post this because I didn't care to figure it out in Safari on my phone. Not that the app is great, but at least you can still find stuff for now, until they make it clumsy and confusing like the latest version of Tapatalk.

And anybody else notice that the header photo is just a current Ford and a current Chevy, no ram, no medium or heavy representation. That's what happens when you have someone that isn't into a topic or in this case someone who doesn't understand the historical makeup of this forum making decisions on things like that.

I see a Ram, we are only able to have a few models on there and can not cover all years, makes, and models.

2015-06-12_1338 - Jmoravik93's library

Jeff

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts

·
515 Posts
I don't have permission to access this page. I also can't find link to classic view. You will no doubt phase out support for that too. Things were much simpler the way it was. Understand that alot of us on here are "old timers" when it comes to trucks and trucking. Not really into the trendy stuff at all. I notice powerstroke.org and Dieselstop have not switched to this yet. Yes, I probably am a dumb hillbilly....

·
44 Posts

·
308 Posts
I don't have permission to access this page. I also can't find link to classic view. You will no doubt phase out support for that too. Things were much simpler the way it was. Understand that alot of us on here are "old timers" when it comes to trucks and trucking. Not really into the trendy stuff at all. I notice powerstroke.org and Dieselstop have not switched to this yet. Yes, I probably am a dumb hillbilly....
Dumb hillbilly here...Does anything work right? I couldn't even upload a file for an avatar. Oh well. I wasted enough time here.

·
Community Manager/Admin
44 Posts
Your above suggested thread says I don't have permission even though I am logged in. What's with that?

Not sure what this new look is supposed to accomplish. IMO it sucks, the old site was great and had no problems - this is progress?

Return to the old site!
Sorry I posted the wrong link, more details here:

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/3-tdg-forum-help-feedback/157601-new-site-look-software-upgrade-feedback-thread.html#post1356809

Jeff

·
323 Posts

Check your formatting on mobil devices:
View attachment 39473
View attachment 39481

Yep,I get the same thing. Ironic as there it's as much activity in the MD/HD forum as the others combined, yet that is one sub forum.

·
44 Posts
Reactions: AG Jeff

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Classic view is nice, I feel at home now, please keep it for us old timers.

Harry

·
1,324 Posts
Ditto and I'm not that old.

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Ya buddy, just switched back to the old timers version and found my old home. Thanks

LC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts