The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Foreman and I am in need of some tires maybe wheels. It is Yellow. I like the Maxxis 4x4 wheels. Has anyone ever had the Maxxis Bighorn tires? There is a new tire that I saw also like it the Swamp lite. Do yall know where a good deal is? Thanks for the help.:thanks: Jamey:usflag

·
formally dodge97ctd-sc member #12
2,001 Posts
what kind of tires do you want.....aggressive mud tires...ect

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Yeah, it really depends on the type of terrain in which you ride.

For Rocky, harder pack terrain, the Bighorns will do awesome, very tough durable tire with great traction.

For a little more mud, the ITP Mudlite XTR's are what I would want.

The 589's are pretty awesome tires too, pretty aggressive though.

·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the two are very different? Mudlite xtr and the Bighorns

I would also like to make it just a little faster. What should I do ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
xtrs are junk ive got them on my grizzly and rode it about seven times and cut three of them five times total. i had a set of kenda executioners on my foreman and never popped one and rode them a couple thousand miles. they are tough and go like crazy. cheaper to. check ebay

·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am going with the Swamp Lites with the ITP SS112 wheels

This is not mine but the combo I am looking at

·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got them

Attachments

·
2,035 Posts
No offense, but swamplites suck...I know because we test a large variety of ATV products.

They suck really bad in the mud and they are heavy.

I would personally NEVER put a set of those tires on any ATV I owned. If someone gave me a set of them they would be on e-bay the same day.

·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well maybe they will be good to me

·
2,035 Posts
Hey, do what you like. It’s your bike and if you want to screw it up I won’t stop you.

I’m just telling you that as far as mud they are hands down the worst tire I have seen. Everyone talks about how bad MudLite’s suck in the mud (and they do), but when we were testing the MudLite’s were kicking the crap out of the SwampLites.

They have a surprisingly rough ride too for the amount of tread they have.

Like I said though…it’s your bike…screw it up how you please.

·
22 Posts
589's are the way to go....

29.5" Outlaws aresuperior to 589's in the mud..but i like 589's for all around riding where you arent in teh mud all the time.

·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far they have been good to me

Attachments

·
793 Posts
How is putting a tire on your atv gonna screw it up? Let's get real here,unless you have some proof of what your saying then thats a pretty BOLD statement. I've never seen the swamplites but I do know the mud lites are not a good "mud" tire, but are an excellent trail tire with light mud. Unless your doing serious mud riding then the outlaws are pry not your best bet, the only tires on atvs that I've seen that are horrible are the stock tires as they seem to pop easy other than that most all do well I say pick what you like and what fits your style and budget.

·
1,705 Posts
HD_F250 said:
Hey, do what you like. It’s your bike and if you want to screw it up I won’t stop you.

I’m just telling you that as far as mud they are hands down the worst tire I have seen. Everyone talks about how bad MudLite’s suck in the mud (and they do), but when we were testing the MudLite’s were kicking the crap out of the SwampLites.

They have a surprisingly rough ride too for the amount of tread they have.

Like I said though…it’s your bike…screw it up how you please.
That's not the best way to describe something and a tire will not screw up an atv. I put on way more ATV miles than most.My 01' Foreman has over 25,000,Dads 02' Foreman has over 18,000 and my 07' Arctic Cat has almost 2,000 on it already. I've run stock tires and aftermarket tires and never had a problem due to the tires. Personally I really liked BiClaws from Highlifter.com in mud. They are awsome. Those are the only super rough tires I've run cause they are hard on our pastures and fields.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts