The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very good friend of mine has an 05' Dodge CC 2wd dually with lots of mods (TST, Predator pressure box, exhaust, intake, intercooler, TC, trans work done, etc.). This last weekend he put it to a fellow 6.0 with a turbo, intercooler, SCT claiming to make upwards of 560rwhp. What is it going to take or is it possible to prove to him these 6.0's can run with him? I have big plans for mine, but until then all I see it his tail gate, any suggestions?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Id add injectors/fuel system, nitrous, headstuds/fire rings, a bigger turbo, an intercooler, but im spending your money.

4.10's probaly wouldn't hurt either.

-dan

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you expect a 6.0 PSD to run with a highly modded 5.9 CTD, I hate to burst your bubble but it is not going to happen.

I am a Ford Man but I have to respect a strong diesel!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
cobrat03 said:
A very good friend of mine has an 05' Dodge CC 2wd dually with lots of mods (TST, Predator pressure box, exhaust, intake, intercooler, TC, trans work done, etc.). This last weekend he put it to a fellow 6.0 with a turbo, intercooler, SCT claiming to make upwards of 560rwhp. What is it going to take or is it possible to prove to him these 6.0's can run with him? I have big plans for mine, but until then all I see it his tail gate, any suggestions?
What turbo??? the guy has no fuel...no wonder he got took......Tell him to come to Houston TX. October 15th.....There will be at least 5 if not more 6.0's there that will hand him his lunch....did you see the supposed truck?...It's pretty safe to say 560hp with the stock fuel system on #2 only is impossible....at the rear wheels anyway..
jschall

·
192 Posts
I'd say you were quite right JSchall. 400 was stretching mine--stock turbo, injectors, and airbox. and I know I had a good tune.......

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DEERSNIPER said:
Id add injectors/fuel system, nitrous, headstuds/fire rings, a bigger turbo, an intercooler, but im spending your money.

4.10's probaly wouldn't hurt either.

-dan
All this is in the works except for gears.

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jschall said:
What turbo??? the guy has no fuel...no wonder he got took......Tell him to come to Houston TX. October 15th.....There will be at least 5 if not more 6.0's there that will hand him his lunch....did you see the supposed truck?...It's pretty safe to say 560hp with the stock fuel system on #2 only is impossible....at the rear wheels anyway..
jschall
I'm just going off what my buddy told me. It had a turbonetics turbo and intercooler, don't know what size turbo, injectors and tuning by SCT. The guy told my buddy he has gone through 4 sets of aftermarket injectors. I don't know what brand they are. I told my buddy that I thought the guy was a fool if he is on his 5th set of injectors. Obviously he has a problem somewhere that needs addressed.

mikehalseyjr:

As much as I hate to agree with you, that is my gut feeling as well. I don't know that I can necessarily beat him, but if I could at least make him think for a few seconds this turd 6.0L is going to, thanks enough for me. My buddy is a Ford guy, believe it or not, but he's not hip on the 6.0L, that's why I want to show him the can be almost as stout as a Cummins.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
cobrat03 said:
I'm just going off what my buddy told me. It had a turbonetics turbo and intercooler, don't know what size turbo, injectors and tuning by SCT. The guy told my buddy he has gone through 4 sets of aftermarket injectors. I don't know what brand they are. I told my buddy that I thought the guy was a fool if he is on his 5th set of injectors. Obviously he has a problem somewhere that needs addressed.

mikehalseyjr:

As much as I hate to agree with you, that is my gut feeling as well. I don't know that I can necessarily beat him, but if I could at least make him think for a few seconds this turd 6.0L is going to, thanks enough for me. My buddy is a Ford guy, believe it or not, but he's not hip on the 6.0L, that's why I want to show him the can be almost as stout as a Cummins.
HMMMMM.. thats great new's their turbos are out and being sold......:damnit
wished I would have known that ...

·
979 Posts
cobrat03 said:

first off have you ever seen a 6.0 at a dyno event put down over 550 h.p. No. There are a few in the U.S. but not very many. The diesel community is pretty small in the 6.0 world and I would find it hard to believe that there is a 560rwhp without him being in at least one of these web sites.

I say the guy claiming 560 is full of bs. He most likely has an exhaust intake and programmer, nothing else. 400hp or less.

check this out and see how many cummins are over 560hp.
http://www.dieselperformancemotorsports.com/eventcalendar/resultlist.do?ID=21

four trucks over 560.

Jeremy

·
499 Posts
Iam Currently In The Works On Having An Install Done On My Truck. Looking For Some Numbers That Are Close To 600hp And 100+tq That Should Happen With The Mods That Iam Doing.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If the 70mm is close in spec to the A5000 I would say your right on with your numbers...skter97..
jscahll

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
skter97 said:
Iam Currently In The Works On Having An Install Done On My Truck. Looking For Some Numbers That Are Close To 600hp And 100+tq That Should Happen With The Mods That Iam Doing.
skter97:
How is the driveability of the 70MM turbo? Is it real laggy? I was looking at going with the 66MM from turbonetics.

·
Registered
461 Posts
skter97 said:
I am real curious as to your power numbers. 560-575hp is a safe guess. 600hp may be pushing it but hopefully not.

As to a common rail Cummins making more than the 6.0, it isn't happening. They are slowly getting up there but there aren't that many out there. Now a 12v or 24v with a p-pump is a different story.

The 6.0 is getting better by the day.:evil:

Tadd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fast-6.0 said:
I am real curious as to your power numbers. 560-575hp is a safe guess. 600hp may be pushing it but hopefully not.

As to a common rail Cummins making more than the 6.0, it isn't happening. They are slowly getting up there but there aren't that many out there. Now a 12v or 24v with a p-pump is a different story.

The 6.0 is getting better by the day.:evil:

Tadd
tell'em tadd,the 6.0L will shine just give it a little more time.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
it already is where have you been lol lol

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
After Tadd and Roberts posts I feel like the little dog yipping behind the two big dogs back legs....but this is a quote from an email Tadd sent me..."you will have enough fuel for two solenoids if you want"....:sly: I don't know about y'all but that just made me feel warm and tingly all over.....
jschall

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fast-60 you better go to dieseltruckresource.com and check out a couple of those boys common rails or just read the last couple issues of Diesel Power there are cr's making more power than you boys know what to do with.LOL

·
979 Posts
$ for $ you can get the 6.0 to a point alot easier than the other trucks. Yes the cummins make very big power, but most daily drivers aren't making any more power than a 6.0 with injectors. The 5r110 is holding up to alot more power in stock form than any other auto tranny out there. Once you get into the 600 hp club or higher the the cummins has reached points that a 6.0 may never reach. But that motor has alot more years of practice.

Once the turbo situation gets to be a common swap as it is with the cummins, then you can really judge this motor. The 6.0 turbo's are mostly still experimental. Tadd, Robert, Bbunting, Rich and Gene have large turbos and I think they are all getting into the 650 - 700+ hp range and that is very respectable.

The 6.0 gets a bad rap because of the 10 headbolts, but studs has seemed to fix this problem.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts