The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 psd. i have stage 2's in it with a d66 intercooled, full fass system, modified idm from beans, with a ts chip. the question i have is if there is a good file to put on the chip? my diesel shop put a file on it but don't ask my what.. when i put the injectors in it. I'm thinking that is not a good file for my truck. what can i do??.. thanks for any input

·
The one and only
410 Posts
IMO Matt at Gearhead Automotive

But there are lot of great tuners out there that can reburn a TS chip for ya

·
187 Posts
I have swamps tunes mostly use his
TED1-trans f350-B for towing
and the babyswamp setting the rest of the time
but also have a Hi idle on it.

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thats all well and good! but how do i get those on my chip?? do i have to send my chip to them or what? I'm not that good on the computer stuff!

·
296 Posts
yes take it out and send it and they will burn new files on it for you and your ready to go... be speciffic on what work your truck has done to it so they can tune it better for you

·
18 Posts
Another for [email protected] Gearhead Automotive I had ordered his tunes from him a few weeks ago and all i can say is wow on the shifting and such. I have drivin a few other trucks with the wildman tunes and DP tunes and his shifting is dead on. But like said above with who ever you choose let them know all what you have done to the truck so they can tune it to the max and what not.

·
158 Posts
im wondering who i should get to tune my ts chip. i was thinking elitediesel or innovative diesel... i need someone who can tune the transmission very well and lock up im tired of early shifting to overdrive. somtimes i wish i had a manual.

·
The one and only
410 Posts
im wondering who i should get to tune my ts chip. i was thinking elitediesel or innovative diesel... i need someone who can tune the transmission very well and lock up im tired of early shifting to overdrive. somtimes i wish i had a manual.
Matt at Gearhead Automotive... When I had my auto I LOVED his tuning for the transmission. Also gives lots of power with AWESOME smoke countrol

·
158 Posts
Matt at Gearhead Automotive... When I had my auto I LOVED his tuning for the transmission. Also gives lots of power with AWESOME smoke countrol
so you convinced me to try matt at gearhead automotive i was wondering can he tune for early99s

·
The one and only
410 Posts
so you convinced me to try matt at gearhead automotive i was wondering can he tune for early99s
Yes he can... However If you ever get the chance to upgrade to a newer PCM I would highly recommend it. There are so much more you can do with the NVK or PMT computers then the early ones. :thumbsup

·
535 Posts
who would be the guy for OBS auto tuning, my truck is mild its got 5" with stacks and intake, thats really about it, but i picked up a TS from a guy about a year ago and still have it want to get that thing burnt for my truck

·
The one and only
410 Posts
My brother is running Matt's tunes on his 96 OBS and he loves them.

I have never had experience with anyone else tunes on the OBS.

·
125 Posts
who would be the guy for OBS auto tuning, my truck is mild its got 5" with stacks and intake, thats really about it, but i picked up a TS from a guy about a year ago and still have it want to get that thing burnt for my truck
Any of the tuners can tune an OBS.

·
Smokin'
430 Posts
I run and recommend swamps.

·
The one and only
410 Posts
I ran some of swamps tunes for a couple weeks. Power was good but I just wasn't to impressed with there off the shelf tunes.

Really smokey and laggy down low. I'm sure if I wanted to I could work with them and get it all good. But it was just for a few weeks till I got my chip back from Matt.

Johnathan and Dave are good people.

·
6,337 Posts
Swamps, PowerHungryPerformance, Gearhead, or Elite... Tonys good as well...

Pick your choice... Try them all if you want. You can do that with a TS chip...

·
535 Posts
maybe i will try out swamps, see how they do

1 - 20 of 21 Posts