The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the difference between the f.a.s.s fuel system and the terminator big oil? I am looking to do a new mod on my early 99 psd.I already have the dp tuner and afe stage 2 and magnaflow exhaust. Please help me and give me input if you think this should be my next mod or not.thanks :smoke

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Terminator Big Oil is a high performance high pressure oil pump. A FASS system is for the FUEL. The oil pump is for people who have problems with keeping their high pressure oil up to spec. High pressure oil is how your injectors push the fuel out through the nozzle. Without the right amount of pressure you dont get proper fueling or atomization of your fuel. A FASS system is for people who have problems keeping their FUEL pressure to spec. If you have low fuel pressure a FASS system will help you keep your pressure constant to your injectors. Keeping constant fuel to your injectors is very important for the life of your injectors and performance reasons. Most people dont need big oil unless they have larger than stock injectors. Although, a Terminator system or Stealth system has been dyno proven to help STOCK trucks by keeping more than adiquate amounts of oil to the injectors.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for helping me out with that one! I do understand now.How do I test the fuel psi? Also I do realize I posted this in the wrong section.Sorry.lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
There are unused ports on the back of the factory fuel filter assembly that you can use to check fuel pressure. Most people seem to like somewhere around 75 psi or so. I run between 68-75 PSI and it helped considerably, quieter idle and throttle response down low is better. If you fuel pressure drops significantly under a hard pull you need a fuel system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts