The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel is leaking out of this and i gave her a little crank but it didnt even slow it down. It looks like if I have to take the bolt out the pump will have to come to because its to close to the back of the cover. Is there an o ring that seals this that maybe dried out or what?

Attachments

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Noby know?

·
1,836 Posts
the resolution leaves just that it is a picture of a VE injection pump.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
From what the red arrow is pointing to looks like a bolt head to me in a way??? Im curious to know as well cause i could be buying a 1st gen real soon.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. Im a computer retard. I can try to take a better picture but, its the goldish bolt at the top front side of the pump. It has a metal washer on it.

·
572 Posts
It appears to be the banjo bolt for the fuel return line. You will have to remove the pump in order to get it out but it uses two copper washers like a brake line banjo bolt.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im still not shure what this is called but found out it has a o ring that seals it. Got the o ring from a local diesel shop. The crappy part is I have to pull the hole pump out to change this o ring because the bolt unthreads towards the back of the timing cover. Got everything pretty much unhooked and the gear undone except for the bottom nut on the pump. I have to get a s wrench tomorrow.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the oring in and she sealed right up. Alot of work for one little o-ring thou.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts