The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My inspection has 2 more months left on it, but figured I should start looking into what I need to do to ensure I pass it.

Going back to stock? (putting dpf back on?)

or am I just good to go with DPF/DOC delete?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
I have a buddy who is real good friends with a guy who owns a mechanic shop and can do inspections too. Whats great is he has a 2008+ Super Duty with SCT custom tunes and DPF Delete, so I think i'm alright. If that doesnt work I know of another place that should inspect it. If I were you, i'd go find some small shop in podunk, they shouldnt give a ****. I need to do mine this weekend.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Will do bud:thumbsup

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
I've had my truck inspected twice in Texas before I moved to North Carolina, and the wife's tucks inspected once. Every time with the dpf deleted and no problem at all. But all 3 times it was in a small town. They could care less about looking under the truck. As long as it will stop straight, light, horn, wipers work and no exhaust leaks it should passed with no problems...

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
Texas does not have a emission test on diesels. It is just a visual safety inspection. There is a place off 249 south of tomball that i got mine done at. Looks at the lights, horns etc. and then your on your way.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
You worry more than a woman. Leave the truck like it is and get them to inspect it when it's time. No big deal.

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
It is true that Texas does not check emissions on Diesels but they are supposed to do a visual check for the CAT/DPF.
When i took my Texas State Inspectors test, it said nothing in there about looking for a CAT/DPF on a diesel. It's been a few years, so unless something has changed, they don't look for them. I don't have a CAT on mine and they have never said a thing about it, and with the lift, you can see almost all the exhaust.

·
101 Posts
There is a visual check but I believe its just for a muffler in general. Some guys know what the CAT/DPF looks like and some don't. I've had two inspections with no CAT/DPF or muffler and never had a problem. Hell, the guy I go to reports my truck as a 2007 6.0L because of the early build date (05/2007).

·
65 Posts
I don't know about Texas but in PA the safety is safety and the only issue with exhaust is noise and holes, not equipment. Unless you are taking it to a dealer looking for easy cash, you should have no worry.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
had mine inspected bout a month or two ago. Truck was tuned and had the DPF/DOC delete pipes on with the stock dpf back exhaust with no muffler. Had no problem getting it inspected.

When did you move Mick?

Reactions: Hellraiser

·
Flyin' Hawaiian
146 Posts
had mine inspected bout a month or two ago. Truck was tuned and had the DPF/DOC delete pipes on with the stock dpf back exhaust with no muffler. Had no problem getting it inspected.

When did you move Mick?
Hes been up there since nov/dec

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
None are going to look for DPF/DOC. I've been inspected twice with my old truck, with delete in place, one gave me chit for my tinted windows, but didn't say crap about no rear license plate lights :)wtf) so I went to another place, they didn't care about anything in particular other than that $12.50

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
None are going to look for DPF/DOC. I've been inspected twice with my old truck, with delete in place, one gave me chit for my tinted windows, but didn't say crap about no rear license plate lights :)wtf) so I went to another place, they didn't care about anything in particular other than that $12.50
thanks bud!

same to you bushpilot :mafia1:

·
5,365 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts