The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what wold it take to beat a 08 spartan tuned f 350 with dpf deleat and a full exhaust I have a 04 F 350 that is stock for now

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
Studs, tuner and a lot of nos. Should get you into the 13's

·
137 Posts
Boy, that is a tough one...Those 6.4's put out gobs of power with just the tuner, but very few are all that fast for the amount of power they are putting out it seems.

What is your budget? Would you prefer sticks and a turbo or lots of nitrous with the stock sticks and turbo?

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy, that is a tough one...Those 6.4's put out gobs of power with just the tuner, but very few are all that fast for the amount of power they are putting out it seems.

What is your budget? Would you prefer sticks and a turbo or lots of nitrous with the stock sticks and turbo?
lets go with the best bang for the buck. I want to keep the truck reliable and streatable and I am trying to get an idea on how much money wold need to be saved up the price I have figured for what I want is around 7,000 +/- some what I want is studs,tuner,Injectors what size?,and a tuner but I still need to tow every now and then without melting the truck when the time comes it will probobly be river city diesel doing the work becase I have herd great things about them and they are close to me.

thanks

·
3,306 Posts
Studs, 190cc injectors, full fuel system and some NOS

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
211 Posts
i agree with the idea's said above. one thing is you didn't say how much you tow? that would be one of the most important factor IMO. i think something along the lines of SCT, 150cc-180cc Injectors, NOS, Studs, EGR Delete, Fuel System. if your going to RCD ask them, they know whats up and can help you decide what to get, plus they tune 6.4's so they know how fast they are...

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agree with the idea's said above. one thing is you didn't say how much you tow? that would be one of the most important factor IMO. i think something along the lines of SCT, 150cc-180cc Injectors, NOS, Studs, EGR Delete, Fuel System. if your going to RCD ask them, they know whats up and can help you decide what to get, plus they tune 6.4's so they know how fast they are...
the most I tow is a 32' pull behinde camper I dont know how much it is but I only tow that about 3 or 4 times a year the guy who has the 08 is the original owner of my truck and he wont shut up about how big and bad his truck is and I know it is but I get sick of hearing about it and want to show him what he doesnt have any more :D

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i hope you run him on the highway because you'll never shift fast enough to beat him from a dig.

i still think 150 sticks and spray can get it. though some 180/190s would work as well and they can be defueled to tow with. though at that level i think a basic RR fuel system is good and dont forget to add a fuel pressure gauge.

Garrett

·
2,821 Posts
I agree, that Manual Transmission is going to make it hard. Chris

·
1,661 Posts
So willing to drop that much coin, just to have bragging rights?

·
3,306 Posts
what kind of price wold I be looking at for the spray

I have been told 190 are to big to tow with or can they be de fueled to tow with
Yes the 190's can be turned down to tow.

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree, that Manual Transmission is going to make it hard. Chris
I am prety sure that he also has a manual

So willing to drop that much coin, just to have bragging rights?
Its not just for braging rights I have wanted to do this for a while but lacked the funding now the funding is becoming available and beating him is just a goal and the back to injectors are going bad so I figure why not go biger

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
Why not do a twin turbo set up that way you could go larger on the sticks and still tow

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why not do a twin turbo set up that way you could go larger on the sticks and still tow
\

I have some money not that much money but maybe in the future

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
62/180 combo. I would like to gate the turbo also with a tighter housing.
I have been thinking about this combo for awhile. Could you please find time to PM with some details and if this set-up could tow ~11Klbs

·
Good on gas, hell on dzl
268 Posts
Plan on a new clutch to go with the sticks and turbo. The stock clutch aint gonna like the extra power. Itll probly hold for a lil while, but if you beat on it, its gonna slip.

Reactions: vcassens

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wold like to learn more about the twin turbo setup like price,towing ability, how big of sticks stuff like that

1 - 20 of 23 Posts