The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This is my first time on here. I have an 01 ho with Hot juice and 100hp injectors. I am looking to upgrade the turbo and I just wanted some input on what everyone else thought would be about the right size for my application.

·
3,514 Posts
Are you going to be running any more fuel than that, or is that it? I would say an s300, either a stock s300 or a 62/12. You don't need a big charger for that application. I have a friend with a similar set up on an 02 SO, with a pdr hx40 and that is a little laggy around town or for towing. Once you get on the freeway or somewhere you can open it up, its nice up top. You may even want to consider just having your compressor upgrade to the 60mm comp wheel, that would probably work well for you.

It really depends on what you are using the truck for. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions you have.
Sean

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info I use the truck mostly hauling cows and just running down the interstate.

·
Registered
422 Posts
if it were me i would want a larger exhaust housing to get those egt's down. Mine runs fine with the BD super b... its basicly a s300 with a 14cm exhaust housing. It keeps the temps down and spools great. Have to admit its a little slower spooling than stock. However, almost anything is slower than a 9cm exhaust housing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts