The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier about a comp. But after some thinking I have some questions. I want more power :thumbsup:bang but. I have issues w/ tapping the pump wire on the VP w/ the comp. Are there any longevity issues, wear issues, etc that anyone knows about. If I don't have to replace a VP I would be very happy. With that said, would I be better suited to do injectors or a bigger box? If injectors, what size and brand. I'm looking for mileage, but ultimately for mileage. So, :thinking and researching

·
1,189 Posts
Tap the wire mines been done for 3 years now and pushing over 450. and I really liked my 40hp injectors I was running before bigger turbo and bigger injectors. They are bosh industrial just like a bosh rv 275. I still have them for sale. But I would run the box and injectors myself.

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
As long as you have a good LP I think you would be just fine tapping the VP. I have been running mine tapped for 3+ years. I have had to replace the VP44 but It was becouse the LP was a POS, went out & took out the VP also. It had nothing to do with the VP being tapped. & I also got a 3-4 MPG gain on the HWY & 1-2 MPG gain city driving with the Edge that I have.

·
497 Posts
I am running the comp box with some bigger injectors, I think about 60 hp injectors is what I was told. And my pump has been holding up fine for over a year now. And the comp and injectors make it fun. I didn't tap my wire for a while, but it was cause of clutch issues.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I posted earlier about a comp. But after some thinking I have some questions. I want more power :thumbsup:bang but. I have issues w/ tapping the pump wire on the VP w/ the comp. Are there any longevity issues, wear issues, etc that anyone knows about. If I don't have to replace a VP I would be very happy. With that said, would I be better suited to do injectors or a bigger box? If injectors, what size and brand. I'm looking for mileage, but ultimately for mileage. So, :thinking and researching
I'm running a Edge Comp with gauges and leave it set on 5x5 for daily driving and pull 23.7 MPG for a high mark but typically pull about 21-22 MPG on the highway...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts