The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what settings (ex. low boost fueling adj., tranny control, etc.) you guys are using. I installed mine a few days ago and have been playing around with the settings but just wanted to know what seems to be the "optimal" settings as you might say. I know it depends on personal preference and driving habits, so if you could include that too it would be greatly appreciated. Also what kinda mileage are you getting? Thanks!

Kosmo

·
MARK1959
77 Posts
I set mine to SCT mode.:Thumbup:

·
171 Posts
I have mine set on tc lock up, defuel 90% on locked shifts. Last week I got ans SCT with the "EXTREME" tune and it kicks the Platinum all together!! (As much as I hate to admit it.) The Platinum is a really neat set up, but the tranny controls don't really control that much. In my experience with it.:shrug:

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark I would set mine on SCT mode IF my truck didnt weigh more than 8K lbs and if I wasnt pulling a 46ft. horse trailer. LOL SCT is great I will say, but Edge has some advantages that appealed to my needs more than SCT did.

Kosmo

·
Registered
197 Posts
Like what? Just curious, I'm on the fence still. :sofa

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After doing much research on it finally came to the conclusion, and after talking with ATS on it, SCT is great for tunes if you want to be a fast truck, less towing. Edge tends to be right in the middle, but suited me more for everyday driving with a little kick when I want it, plus some heavy towing. All the built in gauges, for instance ill name a few that all come on the Edge Attitude-Boost, EGT, Barometric PSI,Battery Volts, Speed MPH, Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Gear (also if Torque Converters locked), Intake air Temp, Load %, Run Time, Trans Slip %, Trans Temp, Throttle %, Boost, RPM, and one of the most useful to me- Backdown % due to High EGT's. Add that on to 6 levels of power that can be changed anytime and I couldnt pass it up. If I wanted more power, I would stack my Edge with an ATS Six-Stage Chip. Ive had great luck with the Tranny upgrades on it to, and the importance of a good tranny tune is very important to me.

Some might argue with me on this, its all personal preference though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts