The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not for towing, 98.5 24v, intake and 4" exhaust, stock turbo, what is the biggest injector i should run?

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I would stay at 150hp or lower with a stock turbo. It will still get real hot real quick but is managable. Make sure you have an egt gauge before any upgrade. You are probably already pushing it with just the box.

If your clutch is slipping already you are going to cook it with the injectors installed. I would fix that first.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the clutch and gauges are on the way, im just planning ahead.

·
Banned
105 Posts
I had a bluechip on my 24 valve stock turbo and an intake and i ran a set of scheids 150 horse injectors, my egts climbed fast, but were able to stay under control if you drive with some sense. I later installed bored the motor .30 and added arias pistons that were flycut and put in a billet cam and lifter set from scheid and could not hit over 1200 empty running it as hard as i could go. IF you want to make a great amount of power and keep egts down i would definitly recommend a cam with big injectors.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
detailman said:
I had a bluechip on my 24 valve stock turbo and an intake and i ran a set of scheids 150 horse injectors, my egts climbed fast, but were able to stay under control if you drive with some sense. I later installed bored the motor .30 and added arias pistons that were flycut and put in a billet cam and lifter set from scheid and could not hit over 1200 empty running it as hard as i could go. IF you want to make a great amount of power and keep egts down i would definitly recommend a cam with big injectors.
could you keep it hammered all the way down the 1/4 mile with your box turned all the way up with your blue chip and 150 injectors?

·
345 Posts
Toyzilla,

I would go with some Jammer stage 5's. A cheap 150 HP injector but still very good quality. We actually install them on bodies here and pop test them to ensure they are working right and then send them out to you. That way you don't have to tear apart your injectors and worry about getting them tested. Let me know if you would like some pricing.

·
3,514 Posts
Well what you can run and what you can make power with are two different things. If you're going to be upgrading the turbo or throwing in a cam like detailman said. I've seen people run mach 6's on a stock turbo and be alright if they just watched their gauges, but you aren't getting all that power (a ton of smoke though). Anyways, with a comp box and a stock turbo, I would say 100hp is about the max you'll keep making power with. You could throw in 150's but you'd probably only see another 10-20hp with them, would be my guess. If you plan on buying a turbo down the road then go ahead and spend the money. If not, then I would say save yourself some money and go with smaller injectors 100hp or so.
Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts