88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at getting a lift kit for my f250 ext cab for over 2 months
just can't make my mind up . 2.5 or 4 or 6" . i want to put micky thomson mtz
35x12.50r20 .

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
i have the 2.5" lift, and i like it very much...still close enough to stock, for towing and all..and my tires are 35x12.50r20 toyos

i had a 6.0 on 6in and 37s before this truck, so i was ready for something different

but any lift will look great

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i have 35s with a 3" leveling kit and looks pretty good. though i voted 4" because i would like just a little more room to tuck the tires and for approach/departure angles.

Garrett

·
Registered
36 Posts
6" inches chief and get up over the tires. you need clearance and although 4" will clear the tire the first time you get wound up and shove one of the fronts into the fender you'll be hating yourself.
6" and no worries.

·
102 Posts
I had a leveling kit for 4 years on my 05. It cleared the tires and looked good. I was happy with it. Then I took it out and put in the ICON 4.5" lift and realized what I was missing! The ride is amazing. Way better than stock or leveled. Better articulation. Zero death wobble! And it isn't much taller than a leveling kit. It is perfectly proportioned in my opinion. Isn't over lifted for the tires. I don't like too much lift. I highly recommend whatever ICON offers for your truck.

·
102 Posts
6". I have a 4.5" and it seems to small. Would like to make it a 6" and keep the 35's.
See , to me 6" is too much for 35's. If you go 6" you need 37's. Gotta keep the right lift/ tire size ratio. And unless you offroad you don't really need 37's. Just my opinion.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I dont know, I agree with the 37's and 6" looking better but if your going for overall performance offroad i would still go with 6 with 35's. Better flexing.

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
I've been debating this one myself.

I have 35s and I'm stock height in the front and 2"+ lower in the rear (F-250 blocks). I really like the low on big tires look, but I've been having a lot of fun going off through the desert exploring, and there are some trails I'd like to venture over, but I'd like a little more clearance and an excuse to put the F-350 blocks back in the rear.

The 35s and 2.5" level above seal the deal for me that a leveling kit isn't enough of a difference to justify the work. I'd either leave it stock and run 35s like I'm doing now, or go up 4", which I'm really looking at seriously.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
I voted for 4". Would look nice with 35's under it.

·
855 Posts
I voted for the 6" mainly because thats what I have and riding on 35's. If you think you will ever get a camper weather a fifthwheel or bumer pull the 4" will be better suited for the the fifth wheel. just my 2 cents. But no matter what you decide any lifted truck looks great.
Later Paul

·
589 Posts
Go Big! You'll wish ya had if you don't! Then you will end up spending more money! Trust me been there done that!

·
TDG Singles Outlaw #10
1,097 Posts
i voted for the LVL kit.
i have a 3in Fab-tech lift with stock 275-65-20's(they are a little over 34in x 11in) and i cant fit in most parking garage's and car wash places.

i am looking for new tires because of my Fab-tech shocks w/res i dont think i can fit 12.50's up front
so im looking at 285-65-20 (a little under 35in x 11.75in)
or 295-65-20 9just over 35in x 12in) and hope i can fit in the garage i clear by 1/2 -3/4in now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts