The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 2500 4X4. my warranty only lets me go one tire size above what came from the factory. so now im in the market for a new tire for my truck. what is a good tire for this truck? keep in mind that these tires on here now are 245/70 R17. i pull a tag along trailer with this truck to the races and it usually comes in a around 12,000lbs when fully loaded down. the majority of my driving will be on the highway but i still want a semi-aggressive tread pattern. give me some info on tires from nitto, goodyear, etc... thanx

·
Registered
83 Posts
either 285, or 265 i would go with the BFG All terrain KO they are a good agressive road tire and will last..personally i would go with 285

·
643 Posts
black cloud69 said:
I have a 2008 2500 4X4. my warranty only lets me go one tire size above what came from the factory. so now im in the market for a new tire for my truck. what is a good tire for this truck? keep in mind that these tires on here now are 245/70 R17. i pull a tag along trailer with this truck to the races and it usually comes in a around 12,000lbs when fully loaded down. the majority of my driving will be on the highway but i still want a semi-aggressive tread pattern. give me some info on tires from nitto, goodyear, etc... thanx

there`s no way you can only go 1 tire size....you can go whitout worry on the Ram POWER WAGON tire size wich is 285/70/R17 wich is 33 inches .Power wagon comes out factory with that size with smaller drivetrain. My dealer did`nt see any problem with that!

·
Registered
116 Posts
idahododge said:
you kidding if you put to big of a tire on it will void your warrenty?
you must have one of those dealers that look for any reason to void a warranty . i had a 04 with steel wheels and 245 / 70 / 17 and i went with aluminum wheels and 265 tires and my dealer didn't have any problems . i have always had bigger tires on my trucks and never voided a warranty .

·
643 Posts
Well depends on how big you go for! If you put a lift kit on with 44 inches tires on they sure will! Common sense! But I don`t think they apreciate lift kits...I don`t no? better ask before. I know they don`t care about the size I got. I went from 245 to 285/70/r17

·
A Slave To The Trade
650 Posts
its just one of those things where a dealer tries to scare you from things like changing a tire size i guess. they must think that if they say that it will scare you into thinking that the warranty that comes with your truck wil be worthless if you go up a tire size or two.

·
643 Posts
Yep, that`s it !!

·
Registered
129 Posts
black cloud69 said:

Thats Horse ****...

Im running 305/55/20 Toyo AT's and their GREAT! Some guys said the MT's are better, but I didnt want that aggressive of a tread since 99% of my driving is on road.

Their expensive, but dang their NICE! I think the MT's are a little less money too, and since your looking for a more aggressive tread, I would go for those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts