The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002,with ts chip, tymar intake , south bend con fe clutch. I use my truck to tow regularly and want it to still be reliable, but im ready for more performance. But ive heard with my rods and the 2002 motor anything over 400 hp might be problems. Any suggestons on good safe injectors or wha to do next

·
406 Posts
I would definitely do an exhaust if you dont have it. Would help let the truck breath a little easier, and sound much better :D

·
SLAPS Treasurer
101 Posts
I just noticed that I recognized your truck! I have always liked it.

Chris

·
1,423 Posts
If you finish filling out your profile we can help you in a more professional way,thank you for your anticipated corporation in this matter!

:thumbsup

·
2,509 Posts
if you tow a lot you may want to look at upgradeing your turbo before you do injectors

·
748 Posts
if you tow a lot you may want to look at upgradeing your turbo before you do injectors
I concur, no use dumping a bunch of extra fuel if you can't burn it all up.
Then when you get your bigger injectors, you'll need big oil.
It starts to snowball from there. :haha

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
I concur, no use dumping a bunch of extra fuel if you can't burn it all up.
Then when you get your bigger injectors, you'll need big oil.
It starts to snowball from there. :haha
Yup... Gets expensive from here. I'd start with big oil (HPOP system) and go from there... Or, if you're not wanting to spend that much, go with a Wicked Wheel and/or a ATS housing.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
I'm guessing you've already got gauges with that setup? What exhaust? Straight piping the factory exhaust will do everything you need for now.

That TS chip have TS tunes on it or is it from a custom tuner? If it's generic TS tunes, give Matt Robinson at Gearhead Automotive a call for GREAT custom tuning. He can reburn your current chip for a great price.

Transmission taken care of?

38R ball bearing charger.

Then rods. Either factory forged or billet.

Then studs, pushrods, and valvesprings.

Then you can do injectors.

You don't need big oil for a good long while. Save that money and put it somewhere else. Like towards rods so you don't buy a new block AND a set of rods.

Welcome to the expensive game of Power Stroke performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts