The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, So what is everyone doing for mods after the tuner, exhaust, intake? I was thinking of new torque converter, tranny TCM first but all this latest talk of injectors, plugs etc is a creating a little unease in the ole led foot! So maybe studs, injector system first????

Thanks.

·
2,183 Posts
All the first things you said are good but with the tranny make sure you do not get the upgraded selenoid. and so are studs. If you're going to do injectors you need to do a fuel system to support them, which isn't out yet other than a modded hpfp. IMO it'd be better to wait on that stuff and save yourself some money when a full fuel system comes out and then do fuel, injectors, and turbos.

·
Educated Amateur
90 Posts
I'd get a wastegate and studs on it before anything if you have a lead foot.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Studs, Wastegate, EGR Delete, Blow off valve, Tranny, TC, TCM

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, So anyone know who does head studs in Alberta at a decent shop rate ($200/hr up here)? What kind of waste-gate is everyone running?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
where in Alberta

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Dirty Diesel in Red Deer are 6.4L guru's, but that depends if you want to travel to Red Deer

·
1,415 Posts
i beleve hes in fort mac.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
pm redneck6.0. he might point u in the right direction up there

·
Educated Amateur
90 Posts
$200 an hour? Man I feel for you guys.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Awesome, So anyone know who does head studs in Alberta at a decent shop rate ($200/hr up here)? What kind of waste-gate is everyone running?
You can get an EGR Delete with wastegate from Elite Diesel.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, Yeah I'm up in Fort McMurray. Red Deer is a bit of a drive, but i'll pretty much drive anywhere (edmonton, calgary, etc) for a good mechanic under $200/hr.

Thanks again for the replys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts