The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my mods I have what would you do?

I have a option to run a hx40 pro 60/76/18 or the stock turbo.

I use this as a dd and run the 1/4 miles through the summer?

Looking for the most hp with fuel only.....

thanks

·
1,465 Posts
I would look for an S300 based charger....something around 62/71/14......That will be a stronger design and less prone to shaft breakage and give you good power and drive-ability too.

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks But I either have to stick with the hx 35 or the hx40 pro.

The hx40 pro is almost new and they started making these in 2007 with the big shaft 11mm.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
do you have the hx40 or are you going to buy it?

Garrett

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have the stock turbo and the hx40 pro...

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
well, if you have it then put the HX40 on.

Garrett

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would do that but it is a long story. I had it on for one day and did the testing.

I am not sure if it is worth it or not. It seems like I am going to gain almost nothing making sure the fit is 100% complete. It seems like I will only gain 30 hp using this turbo.

Would you change a turbo to gain 30 hp?

It is very sad to hear this bad news in all honestly.....

If I knew I could get 500hp at the wheels on fuel only without problems I would probably use it but not for 30-40 hp:bang

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
a turbo isnt gona make you that much power by just bolting it on.......... it is a supporting modification to push more fuel and keep your egt's in check..........this aint no honda buddy LOL. what are your egt's now with the stocker and your setup in the sig?

what where your egt's with the 40 pro?

i went from way out of control egt's towing heavy to manageable egt's by going to a hybrid........ i would bolt that 40 back up and crank the fuel back up and try again!

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a turbo isnt gona make you that much power by just bolting it on.......... it is a supporting modification to push more fuel and keep your egt's in check..........this aint no honda buddy LOL. what are your egt's now with the stocker and your setup in the sig?

what where your egt's with the 40 pro?

i went from way out of control egt's towing heavy to manageable egt's by going to a hybrid........ i would bolt that 40 back up and crank the fuel back up and try again!
The fuel is the whole way up. Full fuel.
They both run at 1600 at wot the hx40 is about .25 seconds behind the hx35 climbing to 1600 from 800

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
somethin isnt right there, you should be alot cooler with the hx40.... what exhaust housing did it have? did it seem to spool real slow? was it a 6blade 60mm?

being you swaped between a 35 and a 40 makes me think that you bought a hybrid? is this correct? does the 40 have a 3" outlet? if so that might be your problem!!

oh and also....your sig says your are set at 25psi of boost...correct? if so you might want to try to get it just a little higher.. try 30-32, you might be suprised how much difference that makes, wouldnt go higher than 35psi tho... puts your comp out of map and makes heat instead of flow!!

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
somethin isnt right there, you should be alot cooler with the hx40.... what exhaust housing did it have? did it seem to spool real slow? was it a 6blade 60mm?

being you swaped between a 35 and a 40 makes me think that you bought a hybrid? is this correct? does the 40 have a 3" outlet? if so that might be your problem!!

oh and also....your sig says your are set at 25psi of boost...correct? if so you might want to try to get it just a little higher.. try 30-32, you might be suprised how much difference that makes, wouldnt go higher than 35psi tho... puts your comp out of map and makes heat instead of flow!!
No we checked this out it is a hx40 PRO. It is 4" outlet 7 blade
I have vids for ya here...

http://s689.photobucket.com/albums/vv254/j_k_auto/TURBO TESTING/

VIDEO 3 AND 4 ARE THE HX35 AND HX40 PRO DIFFERENCE

DRIVING IS WITH THE HX40 PRO

The boost is near 40psi with both turbos.

PM SENT TO YA

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
there should definitely be a difference in EGTs between the two turbos. the 18cm exhaust housing doesnt help spool up at all but should help on overall EGTs. my 18.5cm housing definitely helped on the top end for me.

Garrett

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right but it has a slower shaft speed so my mid egts are higher by 200 then it is 50 colder at wot

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Right but it has a slower shaft speed so my mid egts are higher by 200 then it is 50 colder at wot
yeah, the big housing doesnt help you there. though i still dont understand why its only 50* cold WOT.

Garrett

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
ok so im gona thro something out there for ya Joe...........i have never seen a hx40 with that long inlet snout like that......... you have something different there dude...... and that comp nut is different to. im gona do some research and see what i can finger out for you.

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appriciate the help. I am trying to figure out the fuel issue and what to do about this turbo.....:gaah

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
hey....its all part of the game!!!!!!!!! you have fuel and turbo problems......i had tranny and drive line problems!!!!!! ill fix your turbo and fuel problems if you get rid of my vibration!!!!!!!!

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
now that is funny.:happydance

·
2,063 Posts
The boost is near 40psi with both turbos.
Could it be you are out of map? I can not think of a HX35 or 40 that should be pushing 40 psi, they will but most of the time it is just hot air, this one may be different because it is something new.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts