The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a bhaf and was wondering what to use to install it? what parts did yall use?

·
163 Posts
I cant remember exactly how I did it as it has been a while, but I used a peice of left over 4" exhaust pipe about 4" long to connect the stock air tube to the filter, with some hose clamps to keep it on. Then I drilled a hole in the peice of 4" and put that sensor on with silicone around it. I cant remember if i had to screw the sensor on or not. Hope this helps

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thanks I just didnt know if the stock air tube would hook straight up to it or not?

·
you bought what ?????????
181 Posts
what do those filters cost? and are they reusable? more cost efficent to go with cold air with cleanable filter?? just think home made filtration is a bad idea. but hell i tend to break alot of stuff sometimes.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
proapp said:
what do those filters cost? and are they reusable? more cost efficent to go with cold air with cleanable filter?? just think home made filtration is a bad idea. but hell i tend to break alot of stuff sometimes.
price ranges a bit ive seen $30 to $70 for the filter, and no the filter wont just hook up to the stock intake tube, you have to get a piece of 4" tubing(aluminum) and some good clamps, and even rubber 90* elbows to make a whole new torque tube, you can also get a prefilter from Outerwears.com that will make the filter last a whole lot longer

that being said the bhaf doesnt flow as good as a afe or aem filter:shrug:

·
567 Posts
35 bucks from vulcan performance....i used on mine a 4" to 3" pvc coupling to 4" 90 and then another 3-4 that went into the filter painted it black, drilled a hole for the sensor and works for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts