The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys when i do my trubo, injectors and pac brake what tools do i need, like to pull the injectors and everything?

thnx guys

·
1,921 Posts
Just basic hand tools. A cordless impact makes the job go WAY faster getting all the valve cover bolts out and all. And you will need something to suck the oil out of the cylenders.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought there was a special tool for pulling the injectors?

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is or a pry bar works, that is what I use

-Michael

·
1,921 Posts
BlindViper said:
Torque wrenches are a must.
An In/lbs torque wrench to be exact.

A pry bar woks fine for removing them. There is a special tool but it's mainly just a block that goes under the back side of the hold down and a very long bolt that geos through the oil spout bolt hole and just pushes against the head. The installation tool would be more important and it just looks like a fork with two fingers, one that goes on either side of the injector and then it bolts to the valve cover bolt hole and as you tighten the bolt the injector pushes down. If you lube up the o-rings real good you can usually push them in by hand. DO NOT HIT THEM WITH A HAMMER!!!!! If you can't push them down all the way hook the hold down over the bolt that stays in the head and use it as a lever pushing down on the back side of it. You can use the handle of a hammer to push on it so you can put some weight behind it if you need to. Usualy you can at least get it far enough to get the bolt in and started and use it to suck the injector the rest of the way into the head. Beating the injector with a hammer is very hard on the solenoid and is strongly cautioned everywhere you read anything about installing injectors in a manual.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've always used a dead blow hammer on the solenoid and tapped them until they seated, then tightend the bolt and tap them a little more and recheck the bolt. This is how Dave at Swamps said to do it also

-Michael

·
190 Posts
Dieselfever said:
I've always used a dead blow hammer on the solenoid and tapped them until they seated, then tightend the bolt and tap them a little more and recheck the bolt. This is how Dave at Swamps said to do it also

-Michael
I used a small dead blow too have use a small rubber mallet as well.

·
1,921 Posts
It really doesn't matter how many people have used a hammer to beat them in or who tells you to do so. It is strongly cautioned not to in any official Ford or IH manual because it can dammage the solenoid. Besides if you don't have to why chance it.

Stroker that is the tool. I think I only paid like $40 or $45 for mine from the Mac tool guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts