The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya i know i posted this on some other sites. I'd like to see what the preferences between different sites are. So I'm gettin money to buy a tranny, b/c mine is dieing. I got about 5k+ to spend. So what is yalls preference on which one to get.

·
Diesel-a-holic
43 Posts
Hey tim...I just responded to your post on another site but I'll give it to ya again :)

I think you are gonna see BTS win this poll, with ATS in second and Suncoast at a close third...All three are good trannys IMO. BTS seems to be a favorite among the auto guys and you've got the money for it...they have proven themselves too which is definetely worth somethin...not to say that other guys havn't

Good Luck,
Casey

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Cheapest value is going to be the BTS.I personally enjoy my tranny.It seems my stocker was holding up just fine cause the shifts are no different.It just doesn't chatter as BAD as it did.

I am starting to develop a delay like I put it in drive and get to a stop light and give it fuel to take off and it kinda revs then dumps and goes.I think'n it is the TC.Just have to call sometime when I am not pounding the pavement to report it.

Mike

·
Registered
210 Posts
TimMiller said:
Ya i know i posted this on some other sites. I'd like to see what the preferences between different sites are. So I'm gettin money to buy a tranny, b/c mine is dieing. I got about 5k+ to spend. So what is yalls preference on which one to get.
You forgot to put John Wood on the list.

Hammer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know i was missing another tranny place or two. Where is john woods located at?

·
Registered
210 Posts
TimMiller said:
I know i was missing another tranny place or two. Where is john woods located at?
He is in Holtville, Ca.

Hammer

·
0 Posts
When it comes to performance trannies for our Fords...there are really some good choices. BTS is a top performer, as is John Wood, ATS, Suncoast and the Factory Tech Monster Box. From what I have read about all of them, it will boil down to personal preference, how you feel you were taken care of on the phone, and your gut feeling. They all have very good customer service and stand behind their products. And I have heard of every one of them failing at one point or another. I'm only saying that because I don't want to lead you down the wrong road. If you have a little time yet, investigate, call, look at various threads and make some more calls.

In the end...I am sure that whatever you choose, other than the Aamco...will bring a huge grin to your face.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
4cstr said:
. And I have heard of every one of them failing at one point or another. I'm only saying that because I don't want to lead you down the wrong road. If you have a little time yet, investigate, call, look at various threads and make some more calls.

In the end...I am sure that whatever you choose, other than the Aamco...will bring a huge grin to your face.
Agree 100%. That's because all depend on parts to be made to certain specs. There's no way for a builder to look at parts and know if they were heat treated, hardened, or made from the correct materials.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts