Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to be off to college and im in the market for a new truck.. I dont know what to get? I know alot of it is personal preference, but i also need some facts.. I want to pull a gooseneck sometimes.. I race fourwheelers in the CMR and Highlifter series.. I also have a hay business.. I would have up to 20,000 pounds sometimes.. Not alot.. I will want to add a programmer, straight exhaust, and get rid of all the diesel filter BS and etc.. Thanks

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
if i have to chose one of those i chose the 6.4, i hate the way the ford trucks look, but that 6.4 is a mean piece of hardware, much more reliable than the 6.0, and the 6.7 has been having quite a few problems, not sure if they are all worked out, but the 6.4 can make around 500hp with a spartan, and dpf delete and the transmission can take the abuse... thats pretty outstanding, for a ford..... LOL

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
You know wat my answer is. I love my Dodge it is a pulling beast ride is alright but come on if you want the best ride go wit a chevy if you want pulling power and realiability go wit the Dodge.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
the 6.7 dont have puking issues unlike the 6.0 and 6.4. I highly doubt i will ever buy a another ford in my lifetime maybe a D-Max after i retire

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive heard good things about the 6.7 motor wise.. But whats the truck around it built like? I really like the 2010 but i dont think me being a senior in high school can hold that above my head

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Its not the worst i havent had any interior issues or body panels i have replaced 1 u-joint in my driveshaft

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Id go with the 6.4 out of those options....but Im a Dmax fan myself..:thumbsup

Reactions: DEERE3594

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i thought about the Dmax.. But how are they holding up? I rarely see them.. How does that independent front suspension hold up and the rest of the drivetrain? what kind of numbers are they getting out of them?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Check out the Duramax Index link in my signature, i love my Dmax, as for the IFS, i love the ride, and have had no issues with it and ive got just about 100k miles on it now

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
you can get a 6.7 to push out over 750hp on fuel alone...oh and that was over a year ago by far the HP king and tow king IMO comfort i would go chevy i love the ride. No offense but i wouldnt trust the fords as far as a i could throw them but thats why i drive a cummins LOL

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
6.7 is the HP king?? 1000hp Dmax's are easy to come by, cant say that about the 6.7.. yet.. 6.0l's are near impossible to get 1000hp, and the 6.4 is like the 6.7, its still waiting for that moment

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i have been leaning more towards the cummins.. Also, how does the warranty go as far as deleting the DPF? Void?

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol i dont need 1000hp.. Im more about the torque.. I want it for what a diesel was meant for.. Pulling.. Yeah i will like to show up a rice can or something at a redlight every now any then.. But a programmer, epa **** deletes, and straight exhaust will be about it besides a leveling kit and 35s and a gooseneck hitch.. i like the filled in fender wells look

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
DPF is required by the government, so yes void LOL

·
361 Posts
i voted for the 6.4. i dont care how much people bash on fords, the ford super duty line is the best there is and the 6.4 is a pretty solid and powerfull engine. if the stock hp/trq isnt enough for you than theres always spatan. im sure the guys runnin the spartan setup will tell you all about it.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
no Ford will not allow you to remove the DPF, its illegal... some dealers may look the other way, but if you ever need warranty work done they wont do it

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
6.7 is the HP king?? 1000hp Dmax's are easy to come by, cant say that about the 6.7.. yet.. 6.0l's are near impossible to get 1000hp, and the 6.4 is like the 6.7, its still waiting for that moment
Between those 3 options Yes it is King and we all know the CUMMINS is the overall king of HP between chevy and ford and dodge. Just cause its not on youtube or a vid is aound doesnt mean there couldnt be a 1000hp 6.7. If you want trq then buy the Dodge its there factory exhaust brake and tows like a train. Anything removed that the epa put there is voiding warranty.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I owned a cummins, theres a reason i didnt buy another one :thumbsup

·
1,709 Posts
I would go with the Dodge of the choices you have listed. I would personally go with a Duramax.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts