The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
havent been on this site long and wondering what tuner chip programmer what ever u call it is in ur truck.
i have ppe standard for now until i get my efi going
what do u have

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody have a turner or is it just me

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
theres a Dmax tuner section within the dmax 06-07 section...id post this question there...but it seems the 06-07 section is pretty slow in comparison to the 7.3 section im used to being in.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
he is right, the duramax sections are pretty slow, it is unfortunate.... we really need more duramax guys around, to help out the new guys like yourself

as for the programmer, i dont have one yet, but once im ready i know its gonna be EFI strictly because my brother has an LMM and we can tune both our trucks with it, and its cheaper than both of us buying a PPE :thumbsup

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i dont need help with the tuner just wondering what is in ur trucks

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
i know that RIPMF666 did run a PPE hot +2, but i think he reached the limitations with that and took the step up to EFI live

·
Diesel Noob
21 Posts
I'm running PPE standard in my truck. All the power I need (read: afford) at the moment. ;)

·
3,939 Posts
Granted, this is an LBZ question, but I'll answer for my truck. The tuners seem to follow along with the truck's evolution.

Started with Edge/Attitude.
Bought a BullyDog to do tire size changes.

Sold those and bought PPE Hot+2 (after trans build)

Sold PPE and bought EFILive. No turning back now.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont care what motor it is i just put in in this section on accident

·
49 Posts
Had an edge juice and sold it for EFI Live, I got it for more in depth tuning and I'm in the same boat as britewhiteram. My brother, dad and a cousin all have a dmax.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
well when your tuning 4 trucks it really makes sense, your $850 split 4 ways is a heck a lot cheaper than 4 ppe's even with two extra licenses at $99 a piece your still at about $260/guy, as where each ppe for a hot +2 is over $1000.... and your tuning one truck, 4 guys at $4000 or $1000.... and you can tune to your hearts desire with efi......

it just makes more sense...

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Is EFI live a handheld unit or do you need a laptop/computer to use it?

·
1,409 Posts
When the ppe hot+2 came out for my truck they had a big sale. Didn't even pay $900! From what I have heard they changed the program a bit, but I love the way mine runs. I shopped for over a year and decided on the ppe. Mine stays on level 10 unless I'm towing, that's where I get my best mileage.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Is EFI live a handheld unit or do you need a laptop/computer to use it?
EFI live is a hand held unit that plugs into your computer. You tune or buy tunes on your computer then put them on the hand held unit and then you hook it to your truck.

·
Semper Fi
28 Posts
EFI Live the only way to tune

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
EFI live is a hand held unit that plugs into your computer. You tune or buy tunes on your computer then put them on the hand held unit and then you hook it to your truck.
not quite true my brother, the V2 flashscan is a handheld unit, but you still need to have your computer hooked to the unit while you tune your truck, so you need the unit, and your laptop in your truck while you tune/scan your ECM, they are developing the ability to just use the V2 as a stand alone, where you only need it to tune, but as of current you need both:fan:thumbsup

Reactions: merlin5577

·
49 Posts
I think if I had to do it over again I would go with PPE. I just hate having to drag my laptop around with me to be able to do anything.
I hear ya with the laptop thing but hopefully they have they taken care of soon. Looking forward to the update where all you need is the V2 to just change a tune out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts