The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which turbo would be good to support laser cut DVs,435s,#0 plate,afc adjustments,16* timing,4ks?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
a 64or66/71/14

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheres a good place to get a turbo along these lines?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
High Tech Turbo is also a good choice for turbos. Heard good from their new Stainless Steel exhaust housings.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What do the SS housings have over the regular steel housings?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
They are thinker and retain heat better which is supposed to help efficiency and help them spool sooner. They also come in a 13cm size for the 71mm turbine wheel.

And the best part is.............They turn crazy colors when subjected to heat :sly:

Heres the ad http://www.htturbo.com/StainlessSteel.doc

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Yeah what he said LOL

·
Registered
212 Posts
i love my industrial injection silver bullet, its an awsome turbo with everything ive got it will still clear the smoke up to a haze at WOT. it also keeps egts in check havnt seen them over 1500*, one thing though you will need a minimum of head studs because even with the boost elbow open all the way and a boost leak i can still peg my 60 PSI boost gauge! but its a awsome turbo and would recomend it!
Ryan

G

·
7inchstack said:
i love my industrial injection silver bullet, its an awsome turbo with everything ive got it will still clear the smoke up to a haze at WOT. it also keeps egts in check havnt seen them over 1500*, one thing though you will need a minimum of head studs because even with the boost elbow open all the way and a boost leak i can still peg my 60 PSI boost gauge! but its a awsome turbo and would recomend it!
Ryan
First of all, head studs are not required for 60psi or less. A marine head gasket, o-ringed head, and factory bolts will hold just fine. Second, I do not doubt you have a good turbo, but I would love to see what your drive pressures are at 60psi. I am sure they are not good.

That being said I have been running a 62/13/71 HTT stainless turbo for going on a year now. I was one of the first ones in the country to receive one as a beta tester and I have been nothing but pleased with it. The dual port wastegate works awesome. It is set to come open at 42psi and I can only blow enough past it to make 44psi. It is fully adjustable though and can be changed, although 42-44psi is right in the sweet spot of it's map. The turbo spools quick for having a 71mm wheel, yet keeps everything nice and cool. I highly recommend one myself.

·
4,827 Posts
Love my HTT 64/14. Have thought about trying the SS 13 housing, though. I readjusted my 'gates to 38psi before I installed it. Haven't pushed past it yet.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
7inchstack said:
Ryan

That turbo combination is interesting. It should be keeping those EGT's lower and your hp should ideally be well over 500hp, if your getting max boost and 1500*?!? The silver bullet is a 66/73/14 and is capable of nearly 900hp as a single, its a rather large turbo, I wonder if that turbo is to big :shrug: Any ideas about this one?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
bmoeller said:
Love my HTT 64/14. Have thought about trying the SS 13 housing, though. I readjusted my 'gates to 38psi before I installed it. Haven't pushed past it yet.
What size turbine wheel?

·
4,827 Posts
Don't know. Was rebuilt right before the 71 series came out. Never asked Paul. Spool up isn't any worse than the PDR HX40 I had before.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i have no clue? i was expecting more HP. anyways i was just letting him no it was a good turbo, and if he wanted a big single it would be a good choice. How would i check the drive pressure???
Ryan

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You have to plumb a pressure gauge into the exhaust manifold. Some copper tubing works good because it won't melt. Pressures can get pretty high so I'd make sure the gauge can read 100psi

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks everyone for your input

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you think about a 62/14?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts