The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Twins would be you best bet. At least for a daily driver. But it really depends on what you plan on doing with the truck, do you want to sled pull, drag race, just a daily driver. That can help us determine whats best for your application.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What class? And is it dedicated puller or combo with DD? Could go with a big single for a dedicacted puller depending on what class. But if it will be a DD you will probly need twins.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
s400 either as a single or a primary

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
And K31 could work out pretty good too. Also known as a Aurora 5000. Similar to a s400, the s400 might be a little cheaper. I see them for abotu $600 usually. It'll take a while to spool though, better have a ton of fuel and RPM.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
diesel_ram_man said:
And K31 could work out pretty good too. Also known as a Aurora 5000. Similar to a s400, the s400 might be a little cheaper. I see them for abotu $600 usually. It'll take a while to spool though, better have a ton of fuel and RPM.
I think that the k31's spool better than the s400s, so thats a good choice for a single. But I think they are also more expensive. II has them in a few varieties http://www.industrialinjection.com/id49.html

As for the s400 HTT lists it for $625 http://www.htturbo.com/ctb.htm

·
Registered
255 Posts
If your gonna pull it I would go with a large single. It you run twins that will always get you bumped up a class. But by far twins is always a lot nice than a large single as a street driver! Im learning to like it but twins will be a lot nice ( once I get the head work done!)

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
It's comparable to a 64/14 wouldn't be the greatest for 700hp though. Mrector is running one on here with around 500hp.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
:whs It is a 64/71/14. The same as an II SPS64, or HTT "Quick Diesel" 64 71 series. The BD is cheaper though and comes with a downpipe. A good turbo I believe

The ideal HP range for this size is 450 to 550 on #2

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
No, There's always lots of options for everthing. You just gotta find it. However I'm probly not the one to ask on this subject.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
smokn3500 said:
so an s400 is my only option for 650-700hp?
The s400 is good because it has a variety of choices for the compressor and turbine wheels allowing you to build it to your application. And its really cheap.

Like Charley said, a K31 would also be a good option. A silver bullet would work too. Either of these would be more street friendly than the s400, but both more expensive. An HT3B might also work :shrug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts