The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 95 e350 motorhome with a 460 and auto trans in it, what all would be needed to convert it to a 7.3? would it have to be the 94-97 7.3 or could i use a 99up? what electronics need to be changed? fuel tank an lines obviously?? 460 dont cut i lol anyone done a 460 to 7.3 swap?

Joey aka pb

284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he doesnt say how he did it? im just curious on pcms putting it in another ford might be easier than a chev??

284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he doesnt say how he did it? im just curious on pcms putting it in another ford might be easier than a chev??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You would need all electronics to get a Powerstroke to work.IDM PCM.Fuel tank and lines would probably be fine just clean the Gas out 1st.You would also need a trans adaptor or a 4R100 trans to make it work.

I would PM him and ask.I know it would be a project that I would not want to tackle unless I had a full week to dig at it.

284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can take months if i need to
lol

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
I think this would be easiest if you get a 94-97 motor. You would need the engine and trans as the bolt pattern is different between gas and diesel w/ the 7.3's ont the trans. Buy a vehicle side engine harness from a wrecked truck or stealership and you would be off to a good start. I would start looking at junk yards for wrecked E350's w/ the 7.3 and take as much as you can. Could be a fun project! Let me know if I can help. I have a semi torn down 97 at the house. I won't need the front cover and other misc parts.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts