The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,024 Posts
I'm gonna guess it would be one that has a open type air filter like a tymar :shrug:

·
1,291 Posts
what kinda truck is it ? But most of the time when people refer to an open element air intake the filter exposed ie not contianed in a box of housing.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
first pic is both air filter setups for comparison.
second pic is open air filter installed.

In the first pic, both systems are shown from the turbo connection to the filter. But, the only difference is from the breather element housing to the filter.

On the old body style (OBS) trucks, I dont see why you would have to run a open filter to run a 4 inch downpipe. Only issue I can see is the firewall clearance for the 4 incher.

·
1,627 Posts
bigdraft said:
first pic is both air filter setups for comparison.
second pic is open air filter installed.

In the first pic, both systems are shown from the turbo connection to the filter. But, the only difference is from the breather element housing to the filter.

On the old body style (OBS) trucks, I dont see why you would have to run a open filter to run a 4 inch downpipe. Only issue I can see is the firewall clearance for the 4 incher.

Nice TYMAR, looks just like the one I've got except the one in the picture is clean :Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
i did one on my truck made it from napa parts for under $100

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank for all ur guys help
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 95 psd extended cab long bed -----------------------------------------------------------
Airaid itntake, 5inch duels , 35inch baha claws, s-400 turbo, ats tranny, ats 5 star converter, Banks intercooler, 3.5inch lift, Banks six gun, piller pod –pyro-boost-tranny temp, texas style bumpers. Ohhhhh yeah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts