The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys im really confused?

I bought a $400 bullydog programmer to get some extra horses for towing and I get on here and everyone thinks the bullydog is unsafe forr their trannies. I havent used it yet because I dont have the monitor but Im not gonna if I may screw up my Tranny!!!:shrug:

What would you guys suggest to get the most out of my engine and still be safe??? (DP, I figure)

Also, can u buy monitors to run with chips? I dont like gauges!

·
6,337 Posts
powersmoker99 said:
Guys I'm really confused?

I bought a $400 bullydog programmer to get some extra horses for towing and I get on here and everyone thinks the bullydog is unsafe forr their trannies. I havent used it yet because I don't have the monitor but I'm not gonna if I may screw up my Tranny!!!:shrug:

What would you guys suggest to get the most out of my engine and still be safe??? (DP, I figure)

Also, can u buy monitors to run with chips? I don't like gauges!
I would not say that bully dog is unsafe for your tranny, any power adder is not good for the stock tranny.

But the Bully Dog does little for tranny, other then bumping the line pressures...

A well tuned chip or an SCT tuner can change the lock up points, the line pressure's, when and how the TC lock and unlocks... Bully dog is going to be at the bottom of the power and control pile... They are also known for somewhat higher EGT's then others...

There are lots of Monitor's that will work with chips. With a monitor make sure it does not use the MAP sensor for its boost reference, you will not get correct readings once you get to a certain level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts