The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my guages today should be in by the weekend.think ill straight pipe it in a few months .now what about a chip? ill be towing my cj7 on a steel open deck 16ft trailer for now. hope to p/u a small slide in camper soon. most pulling will be flat land with some east coast mountains.what kind of chip should i look for made by??. id like to get the high idle also if posable.it really tows great now stock buy if a chip will help with mpg im all for it.school me:popcorn:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Click on the "Vendors" link top, center of the page. Look for DP Tuner, Elite Diesel, PPE, TS, etc...others as well. Look at the websites, call and talk to the people, plan on spending some time with them.

The short answer from me is DP Tuner but they all can write programs that will do anything you need (high idle, tow programs, mpg, etc...).

Enjoy!

·
1,726 Posts
Get those gauges installed! and a 3" down pipe would be nice before going with a chip. Not 100% necessary but you will notice a good amount of power gain with the down pipe change and drop egt 200 to 300 degrees.

I already gave my suggestion on chips but I don't think you will be dissapointed with any of the companies listed above.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I would get intake and exhaust before chip. Your going to tow, so get the basics first--air in & out. That prepares you for higher exhaust temps from more fuel. It's the proven way not to ruin valves and heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts