The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So my parents own a 2001 dodge ram 2500 pickup. it has a 5 speed manual tranny. The engine isnt the high output, so it only has about 190hp stock. the engine has about 130k miles on it. Well anyways, i was wondering. What would be some good performance mods? I asked my dad to put like a 100 hp chip in it. But he said "blowing up the motor is the last thing i need to do" Ok so a 100 hp chip wont work. What are some good mods out there? something not so obnoxtious. I know removing the big muffler will help on the horsepower. But what else? k&N filters? Well since its a 24 valve, it has a eletronic engine, so its not possible to turn the power up by turning a screw. Any ideas? thanks, Hotrod.

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
I got a 65 horse 180 ft-lb edge E-Z in my 01 with a AEM intake and 4 inch magnaflow exhaust. I get way better gas mileage and the power to light em up when I want. I got mine on e-bay for $250. Your dad might go for something small like that if you sell him on the better mileage aspect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
100 hp chip won't do any harm to the engine. that's really not that much power. However, other things might include some injectors, intake, and exhuast. Or maybe a lesser programmer. I don't know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would tel him edge juice and attitude i had a 24 valve with 450 hp and 40 psi boost stock turbo never had any problems

·
8 Posts
How about a diablo power puck. It is only a 50 horse chip and it gives a little better gas milage. I have one that i will get rid of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts