The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam going to buy the 150 hp jammer nozzles for my truck. Will this be a good injector for towing or will i have heat issues etc.......

·
393 Posts
I don't know what else you have done to your truck to answer that.
If you have a good aftermarket turbo or twins you can tow with them. If you are looking for an injector for mainly towing the Mach 1.6s or Bosch 275s work really well. They aren't supposed to make the power of the 150s but they work good for towing without a bunch of other mods.
Tell us about your truck, what you are towing, and the conditions in which you are going to tow and your question will be able to be answered.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
02sprtcumns said:
Iam going to buy the 150 hp jammer nozzles for my truck. Will this be a good injector for towing or will i have heat issues etc.......
I dont know anything about what you are talking about, I just wanted to say welcome to the site... fill out your sig and let everyone know what you got. Then.. everyone will be able to help you out a lot more. I live in Pulaski also so maybe you have seen me around somewhere.

·
3,514 Posts
Welcome to the Garage.
It really depends on how much you are towing, what turbo you have, and what box you are running. I would say that with a single charger and a box, you will probably get really hot. I have Rv275's in my truck, and with the stock charger I have towed 18K on Stage 2x3 beautifully with them, up a steep grade. My friend's 01 is running 105hp jammer nozzles with the same box and a stock charger, and he can't pull 8k up hill on stage 2 without running over 1200*, I don't know what his sub-level was set at. I think if you are towing heavy, don't put in injectors that big until you can do the charger at the same time.
If you tell us a little more about your truck that will go a long ways.
Sean

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what i had heard about injectors. I usually Tow a 20' bass boat so id figure most 6,000 pounds. Im looking at a brand new holset hx 52 turbo that i can get for 200 dollars, the onlything is the manifold is to little and i will need a new one or an adapter id rather get an adapter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy cow, are you sure that you are getting a whole turbo, and not just a housing, or a part off the turbo? That sounds a little too good.

·
Registered
311 Posts
02sprtcumns,

For most applications those will be very hot for towing any significant weights. Take a look at the 275RV's or some of the lower HP level Jammers. If you have a replacement turbo, intake, exhaust and gauges then you could probably use them but if you're stock you're gonna have high EGT's and lots of smoke. Call us if you have any questions we sell them all and will be glad to direct you to the one that is best for your useage etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
HOSS PERFORMANCE
248 Posts
without towing i know my stage 2 75hp nozzles will hit over 1200 in the blink of an eye and all i have is a diablo puck with the nozzles

·
3,514 Posts
The problem you will face with the HX52 will be spool up, which means high heat when your truck is underload. Once the turbo spools, it'll clear up, but that will take a while and probably run you up to almost 1600 in a hurry. Have you thought about using the 52 beneath your stocker for a set of twins. I would think it would be capable of supporting around 500hp and it would be cheap. Just flip your stock manifold, and make some plumbing. Don't run your boost over 50psi, and you could get away without studs. Thats the way I would go.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I just brought my camper back through the mountains from Smokin' and showed between 900 and 1000 in OD at 70mph or so. If I got slowed down to where my rpm's dropped below 1600 I turned the OD off and the temps dropped even more. I towed in 2x2 and my camper weighs in at about 8000 when loaded for camping. All my mods are in my sig.

·
3,514 Posts
sp66 and a set of 150hp injectors should get you close. I've heard those turbos spool pretty well and clean up the smoke on top. You'll still need to be careful towing, but that should put you in the general area of where you want to be for power. Your trans will need some help though. You're running an auto right, or did we already go over that.
Sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts