The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what the difference is betwen the Hi output 325hp and the standard cummins?? What did they do different also how does the trans hold up to that power?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't tell you the diff but I can say the factory exhaust looks to be about 4" from the turbo back and the intake is about 5".Big stuff.
..and it sure does scoot! I have a std cab 2wd with the 325hp and a hand shaker.From 50-80mph it is incredible!
Bone stock...at least for a few days :)

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
the trans holds up fine because its built to hold 325hp... when you hit 400hp+ your trans still start to slip, do the things we dont want it to do.. thats why if you plan on doing any mods.. save up for a trans...

the common rail is stronger built in my opioion but is way to quiet ( for me ).. the older cummins can hold alot of power but then you have the 24v which some had 53 block problems... the 12v is a really really built motor... sounds sick... and holds power no problems...

so in my little world
12v,then common rail, then 24v... just my :2cents

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you I'd love to put my 12v in my new truck but I've seen some 700hp common rails and they are fast!

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
my friends common rail is 850+hp... we dont have the offical results yet...

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
go to youtube and search NADP and look for the vid thats about the NADP common rail
that is supposed to be the fastest common rail out there right now

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
that record is going to be gone in a couple weeks

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:
that record is going to be gone in a couple weeks
any details on that??
ive seen that NADP truck in action, saw it in august and it totally lost traction during its launch, guy had to let off to avoid hitting the barricade and still ran 10.5s 128mph 1/4
and its winter here in canada so he cant really run right now, but dont worry NADP is workin on ways to get it faster:givemebeer :sly:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts